Looking for lifting friends

Options

Replies

• alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    11 weeks into weight training, doing SL 5x5.. I'm stalling... help me! add me too :blush:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    When I stall on 5x5, I start adding extra sets of either low rep higher weight, or a burn out set of lower weight high rep. Another idea would be to stay at same weight, but do 5x6 until ready to increase weight again.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    any isolated workout to gain strength in ohp and barbell row? ohp 45lbs, barbell row 50lbs. my lower back is quite week. I have round back when I try to lift 130lb deadlift...
  • ChynaBloo67
    ChynaBloo67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends so we can help keep each other accountable :)
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I only lift hand weights so far and would love any guidance. I don't know much at all about weight lifting, but I am on a mission to lose weight and gain some major muscles!
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Please share your modified SL 5 version, dancingmoosie.
  • elizabethsester
    elizabethsester Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends with more lifting ladies! I also have a fitness instagram @ElizabethGetsGains :)
  • vanawild
    vanawild Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Strength training/ running for a year :) Looking for lifting friends to connect with, so add me if you want.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    Please share your modified SL 5 version, dancingmoosie.

Add me and check out my status feed... I think I explained fairly well above...
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    So far I am mostly on a beginner's full body plan on hydraulic machines. But I really want to get into lifting, step by step. I work out at a comparatively small gym where not a lot of people do lift, so it's been hard to get guidance, all alone in the weight room. (On the other hand, no fear of embarrassing myself.) I would love to get on an easy lifting plan as soon as my entry level plan is "done" (in two weeks or so), or at least gradually introduce more weight training.
  • acebayb
    acebayb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm new to the group. I joined a local Crossfit gym back in May of this year. I fell in love instantly. I'd love to friend some of you gals to stay motivated and see everyone's progress! :smile:
  • wutaday1
    wutaday1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am finally getting back to lifting after a hiatus of exercise that has lasted over a year, and gaining too much fat and losing all the muscle I had gained. I am excited to get back to it. I too am looking for motivating friends to help keep me accountable and on track. :smile: If you want to add me that would be great, just make sure to add a message with your add request. Looking forward to getting strong and healthy with you all!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, interested in more lifting buddies. I used to be a runner, but because of a bad injury a year ago no longer can ... so weight lifting it has been!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SL 5X5 off and on but just starting CrossFit.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I'm still doing my lifting thing, twice a week...
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I'm looking for friends who motivate! I lift 2-3x per week, just need to get more cut. I prefer free weights and functional exercises over machines.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I lift 5x a week.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Although I've been on hiatus since I came back from overseas, I'm getting back into lifting. Full body workouts 3x a week.
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looking for lifting friends too
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I lift 6 days a week. Don't be afraid to change up to routine. Strength gains are not always linear and perfect and you have to have patience. If you are really lifting hard 5x5 can be tiring on the body! Keep at it!