Need some snack ideas

Options
What are some easy grab & go snacks? I sit at a desk all day, and tend to snack in the afternoon.
My usual go-to’s are:
pecans & cheese
Apple slices & cheese
Bow of grapes
Nectarine
Banana and peanut butter
Carrot sticks (or other veggie) with dip or hummus.

I’m struggling with going Keto, because it’s so ingrained that fruit and veggies are good for you that now knowing that a banana is more than double the carbs for a day or that the day I ate some carrots I went over my carb limits is hard to wrap my head around!
So, until I do I need some low carb options that aren’t as high calorie as nuts.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Keto has helped me not to need a snack due to the fat content of my lunch. When I do need a snack my go to is a handful of almonds.
  • HollaDeckGirl
    HollaDeckGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I enjoy string cheese and sliced turkey with mustard, grab and go peanut butter packs, fat bombs, celery and peanut butter, deviled eggs, avocado slices and last but not least... straight up bacon.
  • HollaDeckGirl
    HollaDeckGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that recently I've been sipping on hot broth during the day when I would otherwise be stress-snacking at work. So far, so good! More liquids in my diet and less mindless eating.
  • sweetnana126
    sweetnana126 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always have fat bombs in the freezer. They really keep me from needing anything else. Easy to make and are quite tasty
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Coconut flour muffins
    Flackers and tuna salad
    Pickles
    Spinach
    Cheese crisps (cheese baked till crispy)
    Jalapeno poppers (baked, no breading)
    Sausage
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a no-brainer. They store in most any place and are a balanced food for my WOE.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni or salami slices with cheese. Sometimes I melt the cheese on the meat. Agreed on the fat bombs. You might need more fat in your diet to keep you satisfied through the afternoon.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, nuts, cheese, gherkins, olives, biersticks, canned tuna, cherry tomatoes, dark chocolate, avocado, peanut butter, boiled egg. Lots of options :-)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs, habanero pepperoni, mini cans of tuna with lemon pepper and dill.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I like cheese sticks and/or sardines.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I go for ham/cheese or turkey/cheese rollups...they are probably my favorite snacks...also love deviled eggs, when we have those laying around they make a great snack.

I think carrot sticks are still pretty low carb...plus celery...green beans...there are lots of good veggie options that would go with hummus or cheese or cream cheese or dip
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I like almonds, Brazil nuts (usually 1 at the time), hard salami and pepper jack cheese, celery and a small amount of peanut butter, sometimes carrots and sour cream dip.
  • mamaomefo
    Options
    Also, turnip fries!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    turnip fries?

Is that a thing?

I love love love mashed turnips...I'm totally going to have to try this thing!!!
  • mamaomefo
    Options
    Yes, peel, and slice the fresh turnips as if you are making French fries. Toss in a tiny amount of oil with sea salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven until they are lightly browned, or darker if you prefer. When you eat them they will have a slightly sweeter flavor than eating them raw. I love them. 🌟
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I normally buy a carton of eggs, boil all of them the same night and take them on the go to work with me, also sunflower butter and half an avocado
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    If you want to continue to have some fruit, eat berries instead the higher carb fruits that you are currently eating. Raspberries and blackberries have the lowest amount of carbs.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Use a spoon to eat dips
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just made a caprese salad. Quick and easy, and you can make enough to last for a few days.
    hbiy3yxy57xl.png