Post VSG status (08/06)

Options
Jenneke0269
Jenneke0269 Posts: 28 Member
edited August 2018 in Social Groups
I got sleeved on June 26, and between the two week pre-op diet and the week after surgery until I felt human again, I'd lost ~25 lbs. I'm now about 6 weeks post-op, fully healed (I'm young-ish and I've always healed quickly), on regular foods, and so far I've lost 42 lbs.
I unfortunately got the surgery when my BMI was 50+, so I've got a solid 150 more pounds to go, but I'll get there!

Replies

• Dubuque
    Dubuque Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my BMI was 50+, so I've got a solid 150 more pounds to go, but I'll get there!
    Your starting numbers sound similar to mine. Good job! I hope it is a positive experience for you.

• Jenneke0269
    Options
    It's been another month, and I just broke the 60 lb mark today. Things are going pretty well.
  • Dubuque
    Dubuque Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's been another month...
    How long before you felt like yourself again? I am nervous when they say, I will struggle to drink 1oz of water. The other thing that seems foreign to me, is when they say, you may make 1/2 of a given soft food; but you will be eating only a bite or two. I can't even imagine what that will feel like.

• Jenneke0269
    Options
    Dubuque wrote: »
    It's been another month...
    How long before you felt like yourself again? I am nervous when they say, I will struggle to drink 1oz of water. The other thing that seems foreign to me, is when they say, you may make 1/2 of a given soft food; but you will be eating only a bite or two. I can't even imagine what that will feel like.

I'll make a new discussion for surgery stuff, that will be easier I think
  • Jenneke0269
    Options
    Doing pretty well here, down 71 pounds now. I go in to my dietician for my 3-month follow up appointment in two weeks.
    It feels a bit weird for me that I can eat almost a normal sized meal after surgery. (Normal meaning a normal person's meal, not the large amounts I ate before surgery) I read all about how your stomach will be about 4 oz. in volume, or about the size of a small banana; but then I don't have any problem with 6 or even 8 oz. of food at a sitting.
    The doctor and dietician told me that it's because of my height and body structure. I'm 6'1" and have the frame of a football linebacker. From what they said, with a bigger body frame comes larger organs (things scale up), and since I'm tall, there's more space in my torso. The dietician said she wouldn't be surprised to see me getting up to 6-8 oz. a meal, but it still feels a bit weird, y'know?