Living the Lifestyle, Thursday, September 6, 2018

misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,051 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate, and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for September are:

Monday - Imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - savignr (Bob)
Wednesday - 88olds (George)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Jimb376mfp (Jim)

Today's topic: How do you track?

Do you food journal? Do you use the WW site/app? Do you use the MFP site/app? Do you use paper? Do you count points? Do you count calories? Do you simply record the food you eat? How do you track?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    I use the MFP app. I also jot down food in my Fitbook journal since there are times it isn't convenient to fire up the app.

I've only ever counted calories, no matter the technology used.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,047 Member
    I have to admit that I mostly track by habit these days and eating much of the same or similar foods and amounts. I do pay attention and eat the same amounts and types as before but not so good at recording it.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,199 Member
    WW App Daily. Keeps me aware that Points add up in a hurry when I’m honest.
    The Free (Zero Points) foods are always on my mind. Knowing that CICO overrides my knowledge that Nothing is FREE,
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    When I track I use the MFP app on my phone
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Right now i track on MFP on my phone mostly. On the computer during the day because my new job permits me to do so.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,447 Member
    Not currently tracking.

The last time I tracked was last spring when I wanted to get down to 175 lbs. I counted calories on MFP. Just like every other time I’ve done it, it worked.

I had 3 separate goes at tracking on WW. One to get to Lifetime and well past Lifetime. My initial run was five years. And 2 times I went back to tracking when I went over my goal weight.

My WW tracking was always pen and paper. I used the MFP app to count calories last spring. I found WW pts easier to count than calories. I think pen and paper are easier than the gadgets.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,657 Member
    Both TOL and I double track. MFP and WW. Almost all via PC.
  • savignr
    savignr Posts: 711 Member
    I use phone and/or iPad to track with the MFP app.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,860 Member
    I'm in an intermediate pause however not totally voluntary. In other words I'm being lazy at this point. What I usually attempt to do is track WW points and MFP calories. It is difficult to keep both up with a busy schedule. Right now temporarily I am not tracking.

SW 400.8
    CW 340.4
    Next GW 300.0
    Final GW 185.0

60.4 lbs Total lost

• linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    I'm tracking calories on MFP
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Right now I'm tracking calories. On index cards. With a pen or pencil.

It's a bit more work, but the tactile component is helpful.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,594 Member
    Tracking calories MFP for now.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,660 Member
    WW App, or laptop obviously tracking points
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Back to tracking on MFP, I like their database