Never craved sweets - until now!

Options
It’s funny I was never big on sweets, candy, etc.

Now that’s all I want.

What are your go-to foods to curb these cravings?

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Fat Snax cookies!!!!!

And dark chocolate
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Currently? I’m trying strawberries or blackberries doused in stevia (hoping it eventually becomes sweet)
    I’m looking to try some bounty, almond joy, and peanut butter cup fat bombs soon too
    I’ve had the tangential-ish problem of craving sweets forever (still haven’t found anything too sweet nor a way to sate my sweet teeth at a reasonable intake level). But it seems to have gotten better for me since starting Keto a few weeks ago...granted I’ve had some practice since I started curbing caloric intake at Halloween and the easiest is at the sugar level.
    I just don’t give in now (and start a new fat bomb recipe)
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sugar free raspberry jelly, or keto cheesecake. Mmmmm yum.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually go for licorice tea, and totally love cheesecake!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Are you supplementing sodium? Low sodium will make you crave sweets.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Carb Killa protein bar melted in microwave for 30 seconds with some whipped cream - is SOOOOOO good tastes like a proper dessert (the peanut nutter one is my fav to do this with)
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks!

My go-to right now (if I have the allowances) is dark chocolate (90%). That satisfies my cravings.

I feel as though raspberries and ricotta helps, I could definitely go for some raspberries and whipped cream!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    When I want sweets, I give myself something salty. Tends to kill the sweet craving right off. Feeding the sweet craving fuels the sweets craving...
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I had a few weeks of having berries and cream for breakfast - sooooo good!
  • imlightning
    Options
    Ohhhhh.

I just had the most delightful thing.

Homemade whipped cream (made from organic whipping cream) and blackberries.

Heavenly.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    @imlightning what did you use for a sugar agent on the whipped cream? or did you forego that? (and if yes, did it whip up ok?)
  • imlightning
    Options
    @zanyterp - sugar free just plain ol’ whipping cream

Put it in my mini blender and it turned out just fine.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    Sweet; thank you!
  • imlightning
    Options
    I found that using good quality organic cream gives such a wonderful taste. It’s almost sweet without the addition of any sugars.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Honestly? My craving was ice cream until I made Keto ice cream. Cured the craving right away by making me realize it's nothing like the real thing. LOL
  • mtraised74
    mtraised74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yxrkmywx6f3n.jpeg

Made these today. Avacodo chocolate fudge cookie. Sounds odd but was so good

https://www.ketoconnect.net/fudge-cookies/
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is a peanut butter cup fat bomb. Almost like a Reese’s but made with dark chocolate. I also love my keto friendly cheesecake.
  • kimberlyelizabethsmith
    Options
    I don't believe Peanut Butter is an approved keto food (peanuts are legumes), so I stear clear of that. What I usually go for if I have a sweet craving is a coffee with some yummy sugar free syrup and HWC - YUM! I make a little extra in the morning and then put the extra in the fridge in a water bottle. Hot days = iced coffee with the same fixin's!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I don't believe Peanut Butter is an approved keto food (peanuts are legumes), so I stear clear of that. What I usually go for if I have a sweet craving is a coffee with some yummy sugar free syrup and HWC - YUM! I make a little extra in the morning and then put the extra in the fridge in a water bottle. Hot days = iced coffee with the same fixin's!

PB is not Paleo approved, but it's just fine for reg Keto. Provided it fits into your carb budget, of course.
  • aar2972
    aar2972 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mm i love tha grubbadubdub on dem Lily's chocolate bars sweetened wit stevia nahwhatimsayin you be buyin dat at em whole foodz for real. Dam ima bout to stuff one dem in my acetoacetatic grubhole righ now