isn't heavy cream the same thing as butter?

Options
chheyman
chheyman Posts: 1 Member
I'm rather fond of using heavy cream, sometimes labeled "whipping cream" in my morning coffee. But I saw something mentioned about putting butter in coffee. Is that right? But butter is cream that's been whipped, so wouldn't that be the same thing as adding heavy cream?

I'm really new to keto but need to shed some lbs. in the next couple of months for my daughter's wedding and thought it would be the quickest and least painful way to do it.

Replies

• bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    chheyman wrote: »
    I'm rather fond of using heavy cream, sometimes labeled "whipping cream" in my morning coffee. But I saw something mentioned about putting butter in coffee. Is that right? But butter is cream that's been whipped, so wouldn't that be the same thing as adding heavy cream?

I'm really new to keto but need to shed some lbs. in the next couple of months for my daughter's wedding and thought it would be the quickest and least painful way to do it.

There are several things you can put in your morning coffee to increase fat intake. Butter, MCT oil, hemp oil, or coconut oil. Tried them all and didn't like the mouth feel. But heavy cream? Ahhh, that's the ticket. I use a tps + a little unsweetened coconut milk.

Keto is not a weight loss WOE per se. That is a byproduct of a LCHF diet which is also inherently low in sugar.
    Just eat LCHF foods, and you will naturally lose weight.

I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be.
  • KeniBlume
    KeniBlume Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I also prefer hwc in my coffee to butter or coconut oil. The fat content is nearly the same.