Just checking on the progress...

Options
czhao
czhao Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if you are still doing the Keto diet? It took me a while to get to Ketosis. It has been about one month now. I have lost about 6 lbs. It was amazing that I do not feel too hungry now, so I am able to either skip the dinner, or just eat something really light. I was able to keep losing some weight even if I went for a vacation eating out daily. No carb did help to suppress my appetite.

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    10 days in, no real hunger, eating 3 meals a day, getting the macros in check. Have lost 9 pounds in 10 days. Only have 10 more to go.
  • queenofkudzu
    queenofkudzu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 12. Lost 3.5 pounds. Cravings now manageable. Improved blood sugar and blood pressure. 3 meals a day; no hunger between meals. At first a lot of energy, but now I’m a bit tired. I sense a healing process in my body.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since January 14th. I've lost 39 pounds so far, and I am down 3 pants sizes. I am very rarely ever hungry. I was 100% on keto for the first 3 months, then went on back-to-back vacations where I did the best I could, avoided simple carbs like bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. On the second vacation, back in the US, I did go ahead and have sweet potatoes with two steak dinners, and a big chicken chimichanga, along with wine. Yeah, I did put a little weight back on both times, but lost that weight plus a little more each time after going back on and sticking to it. I have seen that men and women seem to have somewhat different results, but that it works well for those who work at it.
  • brittanyterry1
    brittanyterry1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 14 of doing keto 12 pounds down
  • Kannis3
    Kannis3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 6 weeks in. Lost 17 lb.
  • adrscheuerman
    adrscheuerman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing this for 3 months. I’ve hit a plateau for the last 4 weeks, but I’m down 25lbs.
    Keep it up fellow Keto-ers!
  • cagney2018
    cagney2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    czhao wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am wondering if you are still doing the Keto diet? It took me a while to get to Ketosis. It has been about one month now. I have lost about 6 lbs. It was amazing that I do not feel too hungry now, so I am able to either skip the dinner, or just eat something really light. I was able to keep losing some weight even if I went for a vacation eating out daily. No carb did help to suppress my appetite.
    Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

• bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    annwyatt69 wrote: »
    10 days in, no real hunger, eating 3 meals a day, getting the macros in check. Have lost 9 pounds in 10 days. Only have 10 more to go.

Isn't it amazing what eating a proper diet will do? You've lost nearly a pound a day! Phenomenal!

Keto is not a weight loss WOE per se. That will happen as a byproduct of a LCHF WOE. The other thing that will happen is, and more importantly, your body will begin to produce less insulin. All those carbs and sugar are responsible for the obesity and diabetes epidemic in the country.

I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be.
  • bustercrabby
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    I've been doing keto since January 14th. I've lost 39 pounds so far, and I am down 3 pants sizes. I am very rarely ever hungry. I was 100% on keto for the first 3 months, then went on back-to-back vacations where I did the best I could, avoided simple carbs like bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. On the second vacation, back in the US, I did go ahead and have sweet potatoes with two steak dinners, and a big chicken chimichanga, along with wine. Yeah, I did put a little weight back on both times, but lost that weight plus a little more each time after going back on and sticking to it. I have seen that men and women seem to have somewhat different results, but that it works well for those who work at it.

Congratulations on your success so far. My results are very similar to yours, including so far this year my doctor taking me off three(!) meds.

Eating out is always an issue. It's not a bad thing to deviate every now and again, it keeps you sane. My strategy is to of course avoid bread sticks, warm pumpernickel bread served with honey butter(yikes, that's a tough one to avoid) and any pre-meal bread they bring. But I watch everyone else cramming all that poison down and mentally pat myself on the back for not indulging. The one thing I noticed almost immediately upon adopting this WOE is that I never again had that :s feeling from eating a load of carbs. Everyone else at the table would utter that "blah or bleh" sound you make after stuffing too many carbs into your face.

I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be.
  • bustercrabby
    Options
    I’ve been doing this for 3 months. I’ve hit a plateau for the last 4 weeks, but I’m down 25lbs.
    Keep it up fellow Keto-ers!

That's terrific! Another stellar weight loss in a pretty short period of time.
  • cancerman1973
    cancerman1973 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been on Keto for 4 days now and I think I have already gone through Ketosis. I was super sluggish yesterday and my mouth was always dry. Is there more to expect, or is this the main symptoms?
  • Samkeei
    Samkeei Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you test your ketones by urinalysis? If so it should be a purple shade. Remember plenty good fats,70% protein 25% and 5% net carbs. I started 8/8/18. Lost 14 lbs. I now incorporate the gym. I’m less bloated and clothing are loose. Go to ruled.me they have pdf books and plenty of good recipes.
  • cancerman1973
    Options
    I have not. Where can I find those kits?
  • cancerman1973
    Options
    Well, I found the urinalysis strips. Apparently I am not in Ketosis. I have although, lost 4 lbs. the first week. I love the fact that I can eat red meat and bacon and all the good stuff, but eating all the fat intake is becoming harder than I thought. I don't want to constantly eat the same foods over and over again just to get my intake fulfilled.
  • amoykito
    amoykito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start the Keto diet tomorrow am. I will attempt to eat withi an IF 16/8 window with 16hr fast and 8 hour eating window. I've programmed MFP and made lunch for tomorrow. Hoping for the best!!