What if your NOT HUNGRY after a 12 hr fast?

Options
lbzmse
lbzmse Posts: 19 Member
Should I eat or try to go till dinner time?

Replies

• lbzmse
    Options
    Actually I looked and it’s going on 17 hrs! I will keep going till I get hungry I guess. Thanks!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Keep up on your water, tho.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    A 12 hour fast is like finishing dinner by 8 pm then not being hungry for breakfast at 8. Many people skip breakfast. I don't see it as a problem unless you have a medical reason to eat something.
  • lbzmse
    Options
    I’m drinking electrolytes right now. 👍🏼. Thanks
  • lbzmse
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    A 12 hour fast is like finishing dinner by 8 pm then not being hungry for breakfast at 8. Many people skip breakfast. I don't see it as a problem unless you have a medical reason to eat something.

I am diabetic but since starting keto I’ve been off my meds. Will check my sugar right now! Thanks so much
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I agree, drink lots of water and eat when you are hungry
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with hunger. I usually last eat between 6-9 pm and then the next day between 12-3pm, but with a TBS or so or cream in coffee throughout the morning. It's fasting about 12 hours until coffee, or 15-18 hours to a real meal's worth of calories.

Go with it. :)
    But consider going with hunger too. Some days will be hungrier than others. Within reason of course. ;)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    lbzmse wrote: »
    It’s 85 right now so not bad at all. This keto has helped me not to overeat at night. I was constantly hungry and out of control on my snacks and now I don’t even crave anything pass 9 pm. 🤩👍🏼👋

This is one of the reasons I love keto. Next month will be two years for me on this WOE and the "constantly hungry" (so frustrating and discouraging) symptoms left me at the beginning and has never returned. :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I still can't part with breakfast as I love my bacon, sausage, eggs and cheese. I even replaced water in my scrambled eggs with heavy cream. I did however after my weekend omelet on Sunday completely forgot to eat lunch.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods also, I just eat them later in the day - like, say, lunchtime!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »

This is one of the reasons I love keto. Next month will be two years for me on this WOE and the "constantly hungry" (so frustrating and discouraging) symptoms left me at the beginning and has never returned. :)

The appetite control for me with keto is really dramatic.

• rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things about Keto is my lack of appetite! I have to make myself eat sometimes.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    One of my favorite things about Keto is my lack of appetite! I have to make myself eat sometimes.

Same. I'm also on a low dose of Topamax for migraines and it suppresses my appetite as well. It's fairly common for me to go nearly 24 hours between meals. However, I do drink water like crazy - always have.

• tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am on a fasting facebook page , there are people there that go 3 days or even 7 days in a fast , I go 18 hours and 6 eating hours (not all 6 LOL ) I really on eat 2 times a day . about 700 calories each time , I am sometimes not hungry , but I know if I go past 6 pm I can not eat til 12 the next day , I will do that one day , do a 24 fast . BUT if your not hungry why eat . Read Dr.Fung or watch his video's on yourtube , they will open your eyes to a whole new you !! and yes drink water , tea , coffee , no sweeteners.