Never feel like eating

Options
fatsork
fatsork Posts: 82 Member
Hi guys im new to keto, 10days in i feel like not eating at all i have to force myself to eat, will fasting for a day jeopardise my ketosis? I know it’s probably not healthy but i think all the fatty food is making feel yak, hope that makes sense any advice or thoughts appreciated

Replies

• Faithy345
    Faithy345 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am only a few days in myself, I technically began last week on Tuesday, and I had the same problem. Yesterday I barely ate anything. (Calories were just over 600 or something like that.) I felt full all day, no hunger. I am making myself eat more today, but as I'm new to keto, I am a little worried about this not wanting to eat thing too. It can't be good, can it?
  • fatsork
    Options
    Supressed hunger is part and parcel of keto, yeah thats wat im thinking 600 cals cant be good , but im wondering if on occasional days it wonf do too much harm to have a low cal day ???
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Fasting won't jeopardize your progress, and actually helps ketosis. Ketosis is when your body is burning its own fat for fuel, and as you aren't taking anything in, you will have to burn body fat. There are quite a few people who do intermittent fasting in conjunction with the keto diet.

• fatsork
    Options
    Fasting won't jeopardize your progress, and actually helps ketosis. Ketosis is when your body is burning its own fat for fuel, and as you aren't taking anything in, you will have to burn body fat. There are quite a few people who do intermittent fasting in conjunction with the keto diet.

Thank you for your advice its much appreciated
  • iceneyes
    iceneyes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Keto since late June and what you are experiencing is normal. However, 10 days in you are probably not yet fat adapted. When starting out, you should eat more. I tried to get all my calories in for the first four weeks. On my fifth week, I started doing 16:8 intermittent fasting, and when it works, I do a 36 hour fast one time a week.

With the exception of my 36 hour fasting day, I try to get no less than 1,200 calories (MFP recommends 1,800 for me). If I don't get enough calories, I find myself fighting an urge to binge. I lost weight very quickly at first, but have now been steadily losing 3 lbs per week with this method.

• fatsork
    Options
    iceneyes wrote: »
    I have been doing Keto since late June and what you are experiencing is normal. However, 10 days in you are probably not yet fat adapted. When starting out, you should eat more. I tried to get all my calories in for the first four weeks. On my fifth week, I started doing 16:8 intermittent fasting, and when it works, I do a 36 hour fast one time a week.

With the exception of my 36 hour fasting day, I try to get no less than 1,200 calories (MFP recommends 1,800 for me). If I don't get enough calories, I find myself fighting an urge to binge. I lost weight very quickly at first, but have now been steadily losing 3 lbs per week with this method.

Wow 36 hour fasts , can i ask what type of liquids you drink on the fast? Thank you for your input?
  • fatsork
    Options
    Wow thats soo good im glad your journey is going well, i shall have to build up to the fasts i think, i think its just the idea i find scary,
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    fatsork wrote: »
    Wow thats soo good im glad your journey is going well, i shall have to build up to the fasts i think, i think its just the idea i find scary,

You should not be. As long as you are keeping your minerals and liquids intake high, you will be fine.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    These days i have not been completely in ketosis but days that i eat really low carbs, i am barely hungry. I believe that most hungers that we feel are from our addictions to carbs thus sugar.