Class and Practice Check-in, as we fall into September!

HeliumIsNoble
HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
It's... time to get fit, and time to put in some extra training before the Christmas rush hits and we start having to miss class because of work and family commitments!

Muse on what you've learned this week so far here.

Replies

• Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    hi! i haven't posted here in a while, but i upped my classes to 2 hrs twice a week wushu, 5 days a week weight training, 2 hrs acrobatics/handstands. i'm learning my first "adult" wushu form - (yes at 45 yrs old lol) and it means i have to get my aerial cartwheel for this form and a few jump kicks that i don't know yet. things i'm working on improving or progressions to this month - aerial cartwheel, macaco, falling into and standing up from bridge.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    We have started a group that trains 6am three mornings a week. Loving the extra mat time and the guys who I train with push me hard. It's also a nice balance to do no gi then and gi in the evenings.

Missing most Saturday sessions due to other commitments these days but coach knows that I get to all the sessions I can so he is OK with me missing that for a couple of months. I have also committed to starting judo next month!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Tang Soo Do Karate rank testing at my dojang is next month in late October. Trying to get myself ready for it. Next week I will go over things with my Instructor and make it happen from there.