Not seeing results

Options
jverne2
jverne2 Posts: 3 Member
So I've been at this for almost a month and I am not seeing results. Looking at all the "Keto transformations" on social media has me thinking I'm doing something wrong. How long does it take to see some real results?

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto for 10 days and have lost 9 pounds, some of which in the beginning I'm sure was fluid. I bounce around on my ketones from Trace to Large, but still lose. (I have 15 pounds to lose.) Two of my sons and my daughter in law are doing it also and have seen great results. We started using guidelines from an area on a body building site--but the site also goes into the weight loss aspect of it. I also have a book. Be careful what you eat. Keep the macros in check--we set ours at 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. We don't snack and get in at least a 12-14 hour fast from dinner to breakfast.
  • rukevbe
    rukevbe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been on keto diet for almost two months. I lost 7lbs my first week, 5lbs the next. The third week I gained about 2.5lbs and since then only been losing about 2lbs a week. I'm pretty lazy with not much exercise (trying to change that) but still losing weight. I was also pre diabetic but not anymore. I'm always hungry so now I add a lot of leafy greens to my meals, I don't eat after 7pm and before 11am and always, always track my macros on MFP.
    What I'm saying is my results are not great like most people are saying here but it's still working. You might not be doing it right. Maybe higher carbs than you think you are eating or too much protein in your meals. ruled.me helped me a lot. You should look it up. They have a ton of helpful free information and a keto calculator to help you on your journey and it's called keto academy.
    Give it one more try and see if it works for you.
    P.s I did read on some articles not everyone loses weight on keto but don't have much info on that as I refused to be one of that statistic. Keto was my last hope so I'm hanging on for dear life! Good luck!
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    jverne2 wrote: »
    So I've been at this for almost a month and I am not seeing results. Looking at all the "Keto transformations" on social media has me thinking I'm doing something wrong. How long does it take to see some real results?

It would really help if you posted a bit more information on what you are eating, your daily calorie allowance and your macro settings. It is nearly impossible to help without knowing.
  • chelletackett
    chelletackett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    rukevbe wrote: »
    Hi I've been on keto diet for almost two months. I lost 7lbs my first week, 5lbs the next. The third week I gained about 2.5lbs and since then only been losing about 2lbs a week. I'm pretty lazy with not much exercise (trying to change that) but still losing weight. I was also pre diabetic but not anymore. I'm always hungry so now I add a lot of leafy greens to my meals, I don't eat after 7pm and before 11am and always, always track my macros on MFP.
    What I'm saying is my results are not great like most people are saying here but it's still working. You might not be doing it right. Maybe higher carbs than you think you are eating or too much protein in your meals. ruled.me helped me a lot. You should look it up. They have a ton of helpful free information and a keto calculator to help you on your journey and it's called keto academy.
    Give it one more try and see if it works for you.
    P.s I did read on some articles not everyone loses weight on keto but don't have much info on that as I refused to be one of that statistic. Keto was my last hope so I'm hanging on for dear life! Good luck!

I think there are some really good points in here. Especially on the Macros - you could have too much protein or not enough fat in your daily eats. I would say start there - and if your not sure how many grams your mcaros should be, there are some great Keto macro calculators out there. Just google them, and you can get some pretty accurate info for your height/weight/age/activity level. Give it some more time, and remember, your body is unique to you, and its going to react differently to things. If you've been doing extremely low carb keto, I know its helped some people to go from like 5% daily carbs to 10%. Just some things to think about.
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 1 month of keto, and I've lost 12.8 lb. without going hungry. I have less arthritis pain, and I'm enjoying it. Besides eating keto, I'm tracking calories/macros and walking several miles 3-4 times a week.
  • drewk1
    drewk1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto for 3 weeks now and have lost 6kg. Keeping carbs under 20g.
    This includes a few Gin/Vodka and slimline tonics or Diet cokes at the weekend.

I have started cycling again so this may be contributing?

My partner started at the same time and hasn't lost any weight but she is not so strict with her macros.

A weekend in London coming up so may fall of the rails but we have decided to be stricter with everything when we return.

I think ( I'm not an expert by any means ) that the macros are the key. Too much protein will slow/stop loss.

Go for a ratio of 5% carbs 70% fat and 25% protein and see how you get on.

You can change MFP to use these. ( Goals section )