Bariatric Eating Protein Shake Question - Flavors

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Hey there - I haven’t loved most of the Bariatric Eating Shake flavors because they aren’t strong. My favorite so far is the Cafe Bella and even the Mexican Chocolate after getting used to the Mexican Chocolate texture.

Been curious if anyone tried the new Caffe Amore and the Cannoli flavors and if so, what did you think of them?

They are expensive considering the number of servings you get but what gets me is paying $12 to ship a $33 bag of protein. I do like their unique flavors so curious especially about those two.

I really like Eat the Bear and I am friends with the owner of the company, however he doesn’t have flavors like Cannoli and Caffe Amore. I know he was working on a cappuccino flavor and I followed up with him today for an ETA.

Bariatric Eating used to have a great ready to drink but since the manufacturers plant burned down they had not replaced them.

Replies

• Jenneke0269
    Jenneke0269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition brand protein powder myself. It is on the pricey side though, 4lbs. is around $50. But it's very low in sugars and tastes better than most other brands IMO. Since a jar lasts months or longer, I think it's worth it.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record but REAL FOOD is what works for me. Meat chicken fish eggs beans nuts veggies etc. There's plenty of natural ways to get protein and micro nutrients. They're satiating and it's what humans have been doing for millions of years. 😁
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @JamesAztec I know, but sometimes I like to have a shake - sometimes it is easier for me to have in the car on the way to work or if I am craving something sweet. I haven’t found a ready to drink I like, and I love Eat The Bear but they are out of stock on a bunch of stuff now and I like a lot of the flavors that Bariatric Eating has, but have found sometimes that the flavors aren’t very flavorful and is more muted if that makes sense?

I definitely do agree with you that Whole Foods are definitely the way to go, sometimes I need to mix it up a bit.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @JamesAztec I know, but sometimes I like to have a shake - sometimes it is easier for me to have in the car on the way to work or if I am craving something sweet. I haven’t found a ready to drink I like, and I love Eat The Bear but they are out of stock on a bunch of stuff now and I like a lot of the flavors that Bariatric Eating has, but have found sometimes that the flavors aren’t very flavorful and is more muted if that makes sense?

I definitely do agree with you that Whole Foods are definitely the way to go, sometimes I need to mix it up a bit.

Shakes never fill me up. They are good for first stages and people on the run. I buy vanilla and make my own flavors. Seriously more cost effective and endless options for flavors:

Coffee latte

Vanilla flavored protein powder
    instant or real coffee
    a bit of vanilla extract
    For a coffee mocha add hershey's sugar free syrup

Pumpkin pie (just in time for the season)

Vanilla protein powder
    Canned pumpkin
    pumpkin pie spice

Peanut butter cup

Vanilla protein powder
    Hershey's sugar free syrup
    PB3 peanut butter powder

Google for more recipes

• jcavanna2
    Options
    Thanks @fit_chickx! The World According to Eggface and Bariatric Foodie also have some good recipes - I just need to make them!