Fall Challenge Initial Weigh-In - Sept 24

cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
Hi and welcome to the Fall 2018 RenewU Challenge. This challenge will run from September 24 to December 17, 2018
Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp weather, the changing colors and the wonderful smells. I also love all the foods that go with the upcoming holidays. This challenge session is going to take up right into the heart of the beast, so strap on your fitbit, grab your calorie counter and let’s slay the dragon!
Today, of course, is the first day of our resolution to work toward healthier bodies, through diet, exercise and friendship on this board. This is a fun and friendly group, so welcome aboard!

Week 0:
Each week, we will post our weigh-in using the following format:

Starting weight (if you can remember or want to share):
Challenge Start Weight:
Challenge Goal:

A positive thought for the week:
Healthy snack or meal:
Best workout this week:

Replies

• cxwhit3
    Starting weight (if you can remember or want to share): 187.5
    Challenge Start Weight: 171.8
    Challenge Goal: 165

A positive thought for the week: I can get back on track with a little willpower!
    Healthy snack or meal:
    Best workout this week:
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Start weight: 241.3 (Jan. 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight: 228.6
    Challenge Goal: 215.0

A positive thought: Already in school stress again but this time, I am determined to exercise more self-care.
    Healthy snack or meal:
    Best workout this week:
  • Starting Weight: 155 (I think)
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Challenge Goal: 132

Positive thought: New season, new start. My numbers are an copy-paste of the summer challenge numbers and this time I WILL do better. But much as I would like to shift 5lb, my main goal for this season is to finish C25k (again).
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Start weight 197
    Challenge start : 193.5
    C Goal: 181
    Positive thought: so glad to have found you guys! My first “group”. 😊
  • cxwhit3
    bobbimrn wrote: »
    Start weight 197
    Challenge start : 193.5
    C Goal: 181
    Positive thought: so glad to have found you guys! My first “group”. 😊

Welcome! This is a really good group. All of us were newbies once too!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    I was running late and didn't weigh in today, will update and officially join tomorrow!
    Yay Fall! Lol still got a month or two of kittenish humid pain here on the gulf coast, but I know it will eventually subside! o:)
  • lpedro8
    lpedro8 Posts: 7 Member
    Week 0
    Starting weight : 180
    Challenge Start Weight: 160
    Challenge goal weight : 145
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Hey ladies!
    Here are my summer stats:

June 1st - 136.9 lbs
    July 1st - 137.8 lbs (+0.9)
    Aug 1st - 137.3 lbs (-0.5)
    Sept 1st - 137.8 lbs (+0.5)

So, a bit of history :

I have been doing Strong Lifts for 9 weeks now. It’s a progressive lifting program for those of you who aren’t familiar. It includes 5 basic lifts - squats, OHP, rows, deadlifts and bench press. The program itself is 12 weeks so I have a couple of more remaining and then I am switching to 2 heavy lifting days and then a dumbbell/circuit day.

As for cardio I’ve been running...not as much as I won’t though. It’s been hot, my schedule hasn’t allowed me to hit the pavement before the heat strikes and so I’ve only gotten good runs in maybe once a week. I want to change that up and do 2/3 runs a week 3-5 miles each.

Ideally I would love to alternate every other week and do :

MWF - Lift, Lift, Circuit ;TR - Run
    MWF - Run, Run, Run; TR - Lift

My goal is to start this October 15th. Also I was contemplating a swim day in lieu of running. That’s still up in the air though.

Challenge Start Weight: 142.3 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 135.0 lbs

I honestly think I am capable of getting down to 130 and maintaining there. If I can do that then I will ditch my aggressive goal of 125. It literally comes down to diet for me. I’m pretty good at working out consistently but with eating I’m all over the place. I really need to get to the point where I meal prep WEEKLY. I do great when I have good food prepared. I find that when I’m hungry and nothing I should eat is available then I eat whatever is in front of me.

Here’s to consistency in meal preparation!!!

I CAN do this and I WILL!
  • cxwhit3
    Hey ladies!

June 1st - 136.9 lbs

So, a bit of history :

I have been doing Strong Lifts for 9 weeks now. It’s a progressive lifting program for those of you who aren’t familiar. It includes 5 basic lifts - squats, OHP, rows, deadlifts and bench press. The program itself is 12 weeks so I have a couple of more remaining and then I am switching to 2 heavy lifting days and then a dumbbell/circuit day.

As for cardio I’ve been running...not as much as I won’t though. It’s been hot, my schedule hasn’t allowed me to hit the pavement before the heat strikes and so I’ve only gotten good runs in maybe once a week. I want to change that up and do 2/3 runs a week 3-5 miles each.

My goal is to start this October 15th. Also I was contemplating a swim day in lieu of running. That’s still up in the air though.

I honestly think I am capable of getting down to 130 and maintaining there. If I can do that then I will ditch my aggressive goal of 125. It literally comes down to diet for me. I’m pretty good at working out consistently but with eating I’m all over the place. I really need to get to the point where I meal prep WEEKLY. I do great when I have good food prepared. I find that when I’m hungry and nothing I should eat is available then I eat whatever is in front of me.

I’m so proud of you! You go Girl!

For some of you newer folks - she does all of that on top of her work schedule plus she has a five year old and two year old twins!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Hey ladies!

June 1st - 136.9 lbs

So, a bit of history :

I’m so proud of you! You go Girl!

For some of you newer folks - she does all of that on top of her work schedule plus she has a five year old and two year old twins!

THANK YOU CAROL! You’re too kind.

Lol! I’m currently trying to find a better balance with all my responsibilities though.
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.6
    Challenge Goal: 125
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Starting weight: 67 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight: 60
    Challenge Goal: 57

A positive thought for the week: After dropping the ball while staying with my parents (as was to be expected), I have been back at it for 3 weeks now. That's new.

Healthy snack or meal: Always eating salad with 2 boiled eggs for lunch these days. Surprisingly good.

Best workout this week: 3 weeks ago I also started a new core workout with a phone app that I now do every morning.

Comment: my weight has been a bit all over the shop for the last week. I blame hormones. Last Monday I was still at 58.5, then Tuesday morning suddenly a jump to 60! Not too concerned, just keeping up the work.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:189.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:175

I feel like this goal is aggressive for me right now, but I want it to be challenging so I keep trying!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:189.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:175

I feel like this goal is aggressive for me right now, but I want it to be challenging so I keep trying!

Aggressive is GOOD!
This discussion has been closed.