Stalling?

Options
meg192327
meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
Hey y’all, I’ve been doing low carb for a few weeks now and it’s been about a month total and I’ve gone from 227 down to 219 but I fear I’m stalling out? What do you do to get over this hump and how many carbs do y’all eat a day? I eat somewhere between 35-100? Thanks!

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat 50 net carbs. A stall means you have not lost or gained anything for 6 weeks. Unless you are extremely active, you may be eating too many carbs.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You've lost 8 lbs in roughly 4 weeks, that's tremendous progress. Try to aim for 20 or less and see how that goes. Aside from that, eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you aren't.
  • meg192327
    meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Patience and measuring my food intake to stay in my calorie deficit are what helped me reach goal. Day after day. Week after week.

I averaged 128 total (versus net) carbs per day so it isn't necessary for everyone to cut carbs to 20 (or 50) in order to lose weight/body fat.

Concur that 8 pounds in 4 weeks is great and should not be considered a stall. Also agree a stall is generally defined as no weight loss for 6 weeks.

Patience. A calorie deficit. Don't quit.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ej7ut77gvbfh.png

Weight loss doesn’t happen in a straight line. Just keep on with what you’re doing as it’s obviously working for you well, I’ve attached my progress chart (which isn’t actually how it’s been as I only track new low weights I don’t track when it jumps back up a couple of lbs) if you changed my straight lines to ^^^^^^^ it would be more accurate. Trust the process - it’ll happen (just not as quickly or steadily as we sometimes would like)