Enforced sedentary hacks needed.

Options
PamamaJane
PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
Okay low carbers, I posted this on my home page but decided to expand my horizon to all fellow LCDF people. I've been called to possible jury duty starting next week. Final jury selection will be on Sept 12th. It's a case that is expected to last 5 to 6 weeks. Trial schedule will be 9 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Thursday. That's 4 days a week of mostly sitting plus another hour and a half of drive time each day. I will need to either eat lunch at a restaurant or figure a sack lunch that doesn't need refrigeration or require a microwave. My welcome mat is out for any words of wisdom, encouragement, support, or suggestions.

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, lunch-meat rolls, peanut butter and a spoon, epic bars/ protein bars, protein shakes, etc.

Do you know your maintenance calories when sedentary? Maybe switch your focus to maintenance for the couple weeks you’re on duty.

Try to get walks/ workouts in early in the day before you leave, and another on the way home. Walk at lunch if you can, and in the halls if you can while you’re waiting to be called.
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    kph great ideas.
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cheesy lone the meat rolls especially either cheese and some hamburger dill chips. You could also pray they don't select you. ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I would go with salami and cheese if it were me...or just skip lunch completely and eat when I got home, but I'm pretty accustomed to skipping meals, so that might not be an option for everyone.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been sedentary due to injury since the start of my diet, but I've been pretty successful as far as weight loss. I stopped counting calories and I just let hunger be my guide.

My favorite non-refrigerated foods are nuts, seeds and beef jerky (just check the labels as some brands have hidden carbs). There's also canned and packaged meats like, tuna, salmon or anchovies/sardines.

For cheap fast restaurants I like McDonalds. Its really easy to order a grilled chicken sandwich or a burger and just just throw away the bun. I like to order a side salad and turn mine into a salad.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    For cheap fast restaurants I like McDonalds. Its really easy to order a grilled chicken sandwich or a burger and just just throw away the bun. I like to order a side salad and turn mine into a salad.
    You don't even need to waste the bun. Just ask for a lettuce wrap burger hold the ketchup add extra mayo or for a grilled chicken sandwich lettuce wrap. That way you have extra lettuce (more food if you feel like volume) and nothing wasted. My local McDonald's, Wendy's, and A&W don't even blink when I ask for that. Lots of people around here don't eat buns for various reasons. They are used to those requests by now.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Anytime I'm away from home is a great excuse for me to just fast. Easy-peasy when I'm busy and not working at home, just steps away from my fridge, lol.