@TheCKIrwin

Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
You're in. Welcome to our little asylum. Hop in the discussions, and post new ones. From your pic, looks like you've been a successful loser.

Replies

• Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,681 Member
    @TheCKIrwin welcome hope you will chime in
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,927 Member
    @TheCKIrwin welcome and jump in here and join us.
  • EliteCoachKal
    EliteCoachKal Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks for the welcome guys! @Al_Howard yes, I’m currently down 146 lbs and making new lows all the time. 💪🏻😎
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Welcome @TheCKIrwin ! Tell us more about your journey. Sounds like you will have some helpful insight to share!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
    I'm down 90, but still need to get another 25 to regain Lifetime.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 863 Member
    Welcome to Goad.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Cool on the down 146. Welcome.

This is pretty much a 'no-bull' zone. If you've had this much success, I'd guess you'll welcome that approah.
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    WELCOME
  • EliteCoachKal
    @minimyzeme the short version is I struggled with weight for most of my life, then I hit a threshold where I just couldn't live that way anymore. So I spent a couple of years of my life surrounding myself with amazing people and learning exactly what it takes to make a huge change in life and make it permanent. What I learned is that everything in life is 80% mindset and only 20% mechanics. I had spent the majority of my life focused on finding some magic 'how' that would fix my problem when it's much more important to find the 'why'. Once I got my head straight the weight pretty much started falling off and I've never looked back.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,681 Member
    @TheCKIrwin . Thank you for tour feed back. Posts like yours helps us to be better at our journey. Great job!
  • EliteCoachKal
    @countcurt absolutely. Excuses are progress killers and don't serve anyone.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    TheCKIrwin wrote: »
    ...What I learned is that everything in life is 80% mindset and only 20% mechanics. I had spent the majority of my life focused on finding some magic 'how' that would fix my problem when it's much more important to find the 'why'. Once I got my head straight the weight pretty much started falling off and I've never looked back.

Thanks for sharing this @TheCKIrwin ! I certainly found similar proportions for weight loss. I'm working on the rest of life but also find applicability there to the mental aspects of various challenges. Glad you found us and look forward to hearing more about your experiences!

• countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    TheCKIrwin wrote: »
    What I learned is that everything in life is 80% mindset and only 20% mechanics. I had spent the majority of my life focused on finding some magic 'how' that would fix my problem when it's much more important to find the 'why'. Once I got my head straight the weight pretty much started falling off and I've never looked back.

Only 80% mindset? How lucky you are. B)

Funny you used the word magic. There's a book entitled "The Tyranny of Magical Thinking". Speaks to how we allow thinking there is a magic fix to our problems to interfere with progress.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,519 Member
    Welcome @TheCKIrwin to GoaD!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,519 Member
    countcurt wrote: »
    Only 80% mindset?

on a good day

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,068 Member
    Wow that's great!!!