Starting Today! - Newbie runner 5k Training

Tashired
Tashired Posts: 20 Member
Hi guys Newbie starting my run training today..more walking than running 👌 but a start none the less...Im doing it for weightloss..Tips and friends requests welcome😄

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    woo hoo, well done!
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    I’ve got my second run to do today so only a couple of days ahead. It’s started raining, I have no wet weather gear!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    B)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    fitchick37 wrote: »
    I’ve got my second run to do today so only a couple of days ahead. It’s started raining, I have no wet weather gear!

its ok, unless you're the wicked witch of the west, you wont melt :bigsmile:
  • Tashired
    You'll do great!

• fitchick37

It brightened up, I didn't die, I couldn't breathe at points but not quitting!

How did you go @Tashired ?

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member

It brightened up, I didn't die, I couldn't breathe at points but not quitting!

How did you go @Tashired ?

You might need to slow down.
  • fitchick37
    There’s people out there, they see me, I’m humiliated by my size and humiliated by tortoise speed!
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    I've just started too. :smile: Have done 2 days now.

Walking would possibly be faster, but it's a start...doing the "Pooch to 5k" with my dog, so that's pretty entertaining too - she seems to have so much fun that I have to smile. Working on her running nicely beside me though.
  • Tashired
    I just did 30 mins. It went well..I felt bits of my old self in there ..but mostly walking. Feeling proud👍

• Tashired
    Fitchick 😄 as I ran I felt very self consious ..but in my mind I was like I dare anyone say anything to me...oooh I was waiting.