Welcome, Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky. Today is my 64th birthday and I have recommitted to getting the extra weight off. Last time I was here I managed to lose about 40 lbs...of course, I gained most of it back, so now I'm back on the wagon. Would love to chat would people here.
  • gracieJ1957
    gracieJ1957 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just joined the group. Glad to find like-minded folks to help on this journey. 2nd day tracking for me. Hope to get to my goal weight and keep it off this time. No time like the present, right? Anyone else have a fear of the scale?? Silly, I know. Have decided to weigh in on Sunday mornings. Good idea or bad??
  • gracieJ1957
    gracieJ1957 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in PA and have an autoimmune disorder that makes losing weight very difficult. Been stuck lugging around an extra 50 lbs on my body for some time now and would really like to lose it and keep it off. 2nd day of logging in for me.
  • clayw1pi
    clayw1pi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Clay Welsh, I have lived in Sebring, FL for the past 35 years and I am grossly overweight. I started this journey in early September 2018. I had been using MyFitnessPal since 2015, but never really got serious about losing weight. My weight for the past 3-5 years has been at 300 lbs. At age 76, I can't continue carrying that much weight around. To many associated problems, i.e., diabetes, sleep apnea, back ache, etc. I decided I was truly going to attempt to lose this weight. My goal being to lose 100 pounds over a 1 year period. It's Oct. 7, 2018 today and I have lost 11 pounds so far, down to 289.

Here are some of the changes I have made: I no longer eat anything after 7 p.m. at night. No peanuts, pretzels, cake, pies, etc. Using MyFitnessPal to set my goal to lose at least 2 pounds a week for 50 weeks. So far I am maintaining at least 2+ pound loss per week. In order to do that I need to continue to eat no more than 1700 calories per day.

That is a little bit about the start of my journey. I hope I can be here next year at the same time and say I succeeded!
  • TrickyRicky63
    TrickyRicky63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm rickylee & i just turned 65.
  • z06tacoma
    z06tacoma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hi. just joining the group. 61 with 38 more pounds to lose
  • Prettyblondchick
    Prettyblondchick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anne. I just turned 62. I have been fighting my weight since puberty. I had a gastric bypass 8 years ago & lost 110 lbs, but gained back 60. A recent knee injury has made me realize that if I don't lose this weight, I will end up with a walker. Not where I want to go - I recently retired and my husband and I travel, and our favorite way to explore a new locale is on foot.
    I also want to feel as beautiful as my husband says I am! (He says I'm a pretty blond chick!)
    I'm looking forward to being a part of this group - living in a small town, there's not much of a network.
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Seattle. I'm starting on a journey to break some bad habits and today is Day One...again! I'm a 5th/6th grade teacher and am looking forward to learning more about everyone's successes. Cheers! - Bailey
  • 2100k30
    2100k30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christine and want to lose at least 50 more lbs. I started the end of May at 212 lb. and now weigh 199.6. I would love to lose more than 50, but since I'm 63, I'm trying to be realistic.
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lynne, I'm a 63 year old woman living in the UK. Have lost 57lbs since March 2019 and most of that has been lost since I joined MFP in Feb 2020. I find it really useful logging my food and exercise. I'm vegan and try and eat as healthily as possible, I love fruit and green veggies but I also have treats like chocolate and cake and sometimes low sugar oat biscuits. I have been finding it harder lately because I weigh myself once per week and the scale has been going up and down but I don't let it make me want to give up. I like exercising and strength training, and love walking in my local park. Feel free to add me as a friend, I like to learn from other people.