Replies

• cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 171.8
    Challenge Goal: 165

Week 1: 171.4
    Week 2: 171.7

A positive thought for the week: Just keep squatting!
    Healthy snack or meal: yogurt - discovered Oui and it's amazing!
    Best workout this week: Those squats. I'm just gonna keep doing them!

Comments: the diet gods were kind this week because I've eaten a ton of crap, including Halloween candy.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 142.3 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 135.0 lbs

Week 1: 139.3 lbs
    Week 2: 140.5 lbs

So last week I lifted Sunday, Tuesday and Friday and I ran Monday and Wednesday. Thursday was rest day. I got 5 miles in on Wednesday which felt great. I think the only “bad” thing I ate was a cheesecake filled donut oh and the LOADS of candy the entire week....from the parade.

I decided that, starting yesterday I’m going to do a no sugar/no sweets 21 day fix. This will help me see if that in particular is what’s “holding me back”.....from my weight goal and flatter stomach goal. Candy gives me severe gas and bloat which is why I don’t understand why I eat so much of it. I think it’s my stress go to.

Anyway, this is my last week of StrongLifts. I’m excited and ready to move on to my next adventure.

Also, I’m being mindful about my water intake this week. We shall see where more H20 will take me.

Cheers!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

Comments: the diet gods were kind this week because I've eaten a ton of crap, including Halloween candy.

I’ve heard so much about this Oui....what does it taste like?

If we had a contest I’m sure I would win on candy eating. Lol!!!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.6
    Challenge Goal: 125
    Week 1: 132.6
    Week 2: 128.6

Alright, I've officially lost a pound! B)

A positive thought for the week:
    Got me some chocolate coconut water!
    Healthy snack or meal:
    I definitely ate a salad some time last week.
    Best workout this week:
    Walking to my friend's apartment for doggy play date~ it was about 30 min each way.

Comments:
    Glad to be on the losing train! Made a recipe from budget bytes yesterday (cheddar chive biscuit skillet) and it turned out pretty good! Meal-prepped the eggs for my breakfast tacos Monday thru Thursday too, so I'm feeling pretty productive.

Y'all are inspiring me with your exercises though. Walking is good, but bodyweight and lifting are better. Gotta get buff~
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 67
    Challenge Goal: 57

Week 1: 58.5
    Week 2: 58.5

A positive thought for the week: I managed to reign it in towards the weekend.
    Healthy snack or meal: still eating those salads with egg & avocado for lunch & loving it.
    Best workout this week: 10km run

Comments:
    Still climbing out of that muesli bowl. On Sunday I finally threw it out. Promptly replaced it with a bag of chocolate cookies, but I walked them off that day (the benefits of sightseeing). I am still really craving food at the moment. It's a constant struggle - I feel like a smoker on withdrawal.

But ... I have managed to maintain through copious amounts of exercise. I am also beginning to actually understand that I have a choice - and sometimes I can even exercise my right to choose now. But it's the hardest it has ever been at the moment. I'm really being triggered by challenging work and personal shifts. I am usually good during the day, but as my willpower gets used up over the course of the day, I finally cave in at night. - I wish there were an app for training your willpower! :-)

I am through my cycle now, so hopefully, this week will bring some hormonal relief. I am so close to my goal weight - it's got to be possible to crack those last 1.5kilos, Goddamnit!

• cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

I’ve heard so much about this Oui....what does it taste like?

If we had a contest I’m sure I would win on candy eating. Lol!!!

It’s “French style” yogurt - the texture is like pudding. Comes in a lot of flavors
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    arameni wrote: »

Healthy snack or meal:
    Best workout this week:
    Walking to my friend's apartment for doggy play date~ it was about 30 min each way.

Comments:
    Glad to be on the losing train! Made a recipe from budget bytes yesterday (cheddar chive biscuit skillet) and it turned out pretty good! Meal-prepped the eggs for my breakfast tacos Monday thru Thursday too, so I'm feeling pretty productive.

Y'all are inspiring me with your exercises though. Walking is good, but bodyweight and lifting are better. Gotta get buff~

Uhhhhhh please share that egg breakfast recipe ASAP!!! Please and thank you.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Healthy snack or meal:
    Best workout this week:

Comments:

Thanks!
    Haha, it's a pretty standard breakfast taco:
    Scramble 2 eggs and add "Mexican blend" cheese to taste to melt on eggs. Put the eggs and cheese in a flour tortilla and add fixings: half an avocado and pico de gallo to taste.

I love Kroger bakery tortillas and I buy them in 20 packs, lol. They freeze well and are super soft and delicious when heated.
    I use the tiny avocados from trader Joe's because then I don't have to worry about saving so much for later and it going gross.
    If I haven't made my own pico de gallo, I use Herdez salsa casera (which I get at kroger or heb). I usually cook 4 eggs and add double the cheese and save half for the next day so all I have to do is warm up the tortilla in a pan and place the fixings. I try to save the other half of the avocado too by sprinkling lemon juice on it, but some days it works better than others.

Idk if I'd call this a 'healthy' meal, but it tastes awesome and is not crazy high in calories!

o:)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

Healthy snack or meal:
    Best workout this week:

Comments:

Thanks!
    Haha, it's a pretty standard breakfast taco:
    Scramble 2 eggs and add "Mexican blend" cheese to taste to melt on eggs. Put the eggs and cheese in a flour tortilla and add fixings: half an avocado and pico de gallo to taste.

I love Kroger bakery tortillas and I buy them in 20 packs, lol. They freeze well and are super soft and delicious when heated.
    I use the tiny avocados from trader Joe's because then I don't have to worry about saving so much for later and it going gross.
    If I haven't made my own pico de gallo, I use Herdez salsa casera (which I get at kroger or heb). I usually cook 4 eggs and add double the cheese and save half for the next day so all I have to do is warm up the tortilla in a pan and place the fixings. I try to save the other half of the avocado too by sprinkling lemon juice on it, but some days it works better than others.

Idk if I'd call this a 'healthy' meal, but it tastes awesome and is not crazy high in calories!

o:)

Of course it’s heathy because it’s yummy. I’ll let you know when I try them. Thank you!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 228.6
    Challenge Goal:215.0
    Week 1: 229.2
    Week 2: 228.4

A positive thought for the week: Back on track.
    Healthy snack or meal: Strawberry Cheesecase light yoghurt.
    Best workout this week: Body bike during TV treat.

I had to miss work this weekend to catch up for school. I bought the goodies (chocolate, muffins, my fave salads) and had ready-made yoghurt for lack of time. So that easily added up to some 2600 cal. It’s been grueling, only first third of semester and working like it was finals time. I totally understand how I packed on 10 lbs that way 3 years ago and working on getting those off since.
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bobbimrnbobbimrn Member
    October 2, 2018 5:05PM
    Challenge Start Weight: 193.5
    Challenge Goal: 181

Week 1: 191.4
    Week 2: 193
    I went backwards this week! Logged everything and nothing crazy so hopefully next week I lose.

A positive thought for the week: never give up.
    Healthy snack or meal: homemade Cuban black beans
    Best workout : housework!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    bobbimrn wrote: »
    bobbimrnbobbimrn Member
    October 2, 2018 5:05PM
    Challenge Start Weight: 193.5
    Challenge Goal: 181

Week 1: 191.4
    Week 2: 193
    I went backwards this week! Logged everything and nothing crazy so hopefully next week I lose.

A positive thought for the week: never give up.
    Healthy snack or meal: homemade Cuban black beans
    Best workout : housework!

Tell me more about these black beans!!! Oh and don’t worry ... ups and downs happen. You’ll be back down next week.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:189.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:175

Weigh in #1: 186.6
    Weigh in #2: 186.4

A positive thought: It's moving again, slowly but surely. I did not make my goal for the work weigh-in, but I am going to see if there is a way to appeal. It's been a stressful year health wise, so I think my progress should count!

A healthy snack: I found amazing honey crisp apples on sale. They are usually super expensive so it was a happy treat to find them so cheap. So tasty!

Best workout: did not happen this week. It got cold here and it's so dark suddenly! Plan is to get to the gym starting this week.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Challenge Goal: 132
    Week 1: 136
    Week 2: 137

Positive thought: Finally got a diagnosis for my joint pain (it is rheumatoid arthritis as we suspected), and have started on some medication. Also had a steroid injection as part of it which I am blaming for the 1lb gain. It’s nothing to do with the chocolate chip cookies my son baked all by himself, not at all...

Healthy meal: Not sure. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Workout: Week 5 run 1 of c25k. Just need to find the time to do the next one!