Recipes: Favorite Keto Dinners

Options
CaitMinusWeight
CaitMinusWeight Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
What are some of your favorite Keto dinners? Please share! Also, I'd you could provide a general Carb, Protein, Fat count per serving, that would be amazing, but not required in order to share. Thanks!

Replies

• CaitMinusWeight
    CaitMinusWeight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted about how much they liked this recipe for Creamy Tuscan Chicken and I had to share it after checking it out. I think this is going to be made very soon in my house!

I also came across these 2g Net Carb Fettuccine Noodles made with Lupin flower that I've been dying to try, so I may be pairing these!

If you try them out, let me know how it went!
  • ratclifflisa5765
    ratclifflisa5765 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I photo copied it. I’m starting keto diet/lifestyle tomorrow and already have a week planned and entered into MFP but I’m going to enter it and make it a saved meal and use it next week. It looks soooo good!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Instagram has so many people posting recipes. I use that forum to get ideas and create my own meals. @easy_lc_living has a really good chicken wing recipe and so many more. Go check out her page!
  • greenmeggsnham
    greenmeggsnham Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Fathead Pizza Dough!

INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
    2 tbsp Cream cheese (cut into cubes)
    2 large Egg (beaten)
    1/3 cup Coconut flour
    US Customary - Metric

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.

2. Combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. (**See notes for alternative to the microwave.)

3. Stir in the beaten eggs and coconut flour. Knead with your hands until a dough forms. If the dough becomes hard before fully mixed, you can microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it.

4. Spread the dough onto the lined baking pan to 1/4" or 1/3" thickness, using your hands or a rolling pin over a piece of parchment (the rolling pin works better if you have one). Use a toothpick or fork to poke lots of holes throughout the crust to prevent bubbling.

5. Bake for 6 minutes. Poke more holes in any places where you see bubbles forming. Bake for 3-7 more minutes, until golden brown.

RECIPE NOTES
    To make keto pizza, top with sauce and toppings after cooking the crust and return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until heated through.

If you don't want to use the microwave, use a double boiler to melt the cheese and cream cheese together instead. Boil water in a saucepan, then place the cheeses in a metal bowl resting over the edges of the saucepan. The idea is to melt the cheese without burning it, stirring frequently.

Nutrition info does not include toppings.
    Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/8 of entire pizza

Calories: 110 | Fat: 7g | Total Carbs: 5g | Net Carbs: 2g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 9g
  • mp216y
    mp216y Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hot Dog Rolls
    SERVES 4
    PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
    Hot dogs without the bun are always great for a quick keto meal, but these fast and easy Hot Dog Rolls are also perfect for on-the-go eating. Made with a cheesy, almond-flour crust, they puff up a lot while baking but their texture is perfectly bready when done. Dip these in sugar-free marinara, or omit the Italian seasoning and pair with Sugar-Free Ketchup (page 216) and mustard for a ballpark feel.
    11⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
    3/4 cup almond flour
    1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon italian seasoning 4 hot dogs
    2. In a large microwaveable bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove, stir, and microwave again for 30 seconds more. The mixture will be very hot.
    3. Add the almond flour, egg, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the cheese mixture. Stir to incorporate fully.
    4. With wet hands, divide the dough into four equal pieces. Shape one piece of dough around each hot dog, encasing the hot dog completely.
    5. Place the dough-wrapped hot dogs onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes into each piece of dough so it doesn’t bubble up during cooking.
    6. Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
    7. Remove the tray from the oven. Check for bubbles (prick with a fork, if formed). Turn the dogs over. Return to the oven for another 6 to
    7 minutes.
    8. Remove the sheet from the oven. Cool the hot dog rolls for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
    PER SERViNG
    (1 HOT DOG ROLL)
    RATiO: 4:1 CALORiES: 435 TOTAL fAT: 34.7g CARBS: 7.6g
    NET CARBS: 5.3g fiBER: 2.3g PROTEiN: 18.6g
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like to make the fathead dough up ahead of time in proportioned balls and keep in refrigerator. Pull them out and pop in microwave for a few seconds to soften and use to wrap hot dogs or sausages or flatten out to make a pizza. I use a tortilla press with parchment paper and it makes it easy. Even my non-keto husband likes the hot dog wraps. I use the Cooking Keto with Kristie recipe for dough most often but they are all good.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is unbelievably tasty, full of fantastic flavor, and tastes like loaded potatoes, but without all the carbs! Cauliflower, bacon, cheese, and green onions make a wonderful combination!

Course side or main
    Prep Time 5 minutes
    Cook Time 30 minutes
    Total Time 35 minutes
    Servings 8 servings
    Calories 379 kcal

Ingredients
    2 lbs cauliflower florets
    8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
    8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
    8 oz block cream cheese softened
    4 tablespoons heavy cream
    1 1/2 cups green onions sliced (2 bunches)
    6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
    1 clove garlic grated
    Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 5 minutes.

While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream

Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic
    Set aside

Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture
    Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together

Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary
    If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher
    Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
    Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly

Enjoy
  • wyntarra
    wyntarra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger Keto Meatloaf

Makes 8 servings
    Per serving: 2 carbs, 25g protein

Ingredients:
    2 pounds raw ground beef
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I use the kind in the green can)
    1 small diced onion
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into cubes

Directions:
    Mix all of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese. Be careful not to over mix as this can make the meatloaf tough. Mix in the cheese cubes.
    Place mixture into a lightly sprayed large oven safe dish. Form into a meatloaf shape.
    Bake at 350-f for 1 hour, until cooked through and browned on top.
    Optional: garnish with sugar free ketchup.

Recipe by Jam Hands.

Serving size is 114 g
    Calories 268
    Total Fat 17g
    Sat fat 7g
    Trans fat 1g
    Cholesterol 123mg
    Sodium 771mg
    Total Carbs 2g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 25g

Find Recipe here https://www.jamhands.net/2016/06/cheeseburger-keto-meatloaf.html
  • Shoop69
    Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted about how much they liked this recipe for Creamy Tuscan Chicken and I had to share it after checking it out. I think this is going to be made very soon in my house!

I also came across these 2g Net Carb Fettuccine Noodles made with Lupin flower that I've been dying to try, so I may be pairing these!

oh my hat. just made this chicken for dinner - absolutely DELISH! Definitely a keeper :)

• auggi99
    auggi99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yummmm just made this keto macaroni. I didn’t have bacon so left it out but YUMMMMM https://www.ketoconnect.net/cauliflower-mac-cheese/ IT will now be a weekly thing per my husbands request.
  • rcm89
    rcm89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Few of my fave go tos, all pretty self-explanatory:

- Eggs bacon and spinach fried in butter
    - Cauliflower egg fried rice (same as you would make egg fried rice but fry grated cauliflower)
    - Meatballs and zoodles (make sure your pasta sauce is low carb)
    - Steak fajitas (obviously minus the tortilla)
    - Portabello mushroom pizzas (stuff a mushroom full of your fav pizza toppings and oven)
    - Cheesy cauliflower mash, boil cauliflower and mash with loads of butter and parmesan, it goes with anything!

• frankiem1207
    frankiem1207 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    kau2axmxzew7.png
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Has any one tried the Shiritake noodles you just rinse them pat them dry. Cut them they are very long. They are wide
    like fettuccine. Good with the TJ sauce I add fresh hamburger. you find them in produce next to wantons. Very low carb. Also good with Quick Alfredo (2 laughing. cow asiago some cream and. butter melt in 5 sec. increments. thin with a little water if needed)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My FAVORITE keto dinner is Green Keto Hash:

2 strips of pork jowl, cut into 1/2" pieces
    1/4 c diced yellow onion
    4 oz 75/25 ground beef
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 c shredded cabbage
    1/2 c sliced mushrooms
    1/2 c broccoli florets
    4 c baby spinach
    1/2 c. water

1. Over medium high heat, saute pork jowl, until fully rendered and crispy. Then add the onion and beef, and cook through.
    2. Add all veggies, except spinach, and saute til they are as done as you like them.
    3. Add the water, turn off the heat, top with spinach and cover for 2-4 minutes for the spinach to steam.
    4. Stir everything together, add Salt, pepper, and red chili flakes to taste and dig in!

Each serving is:
    315 calories
    8.6g carbs
    27g fat
    15.5g protein

My daughter is a vegetarian, so I saute her veggies in butter, and she eats it over those shirataki noodles (which is also really good!)

• jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Last night I made an amazing pizza with cauliflower crust, smoked mozzarella, mushrooms, and spinach feta chicken sausage. It definitely satisfies my craving for pizza. Actually I thought it was better than traditional pizza.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do like the cauliflower crust pizza. I hear that publix has a chicken & cheese crust pizza that I want to try too.
  • matti422
    matti422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Shoop69 wrote: »

oh my hat. just made this chicken for dinner - absolutely DELISH! Definitely a keeper :)

I've also done that recipe with salmon instead of chicken - it's excellent!

I've also really liked "Caulitamale Pie" and spinach-artichoke stuffed peppers from delish.com and Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole from ibreatheimhungry.com. Both easy and tasty.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I do like the cauliflower crust pizza. I hear that publix has a chicken & cheese crust pizza that I want to try too.

Update: I tried the brand I think is called "Real Pizza" at Publix that is keto friendly and was not very impressed. It was difficult to get any crispy texture and not very tasty. In the end I guess its like keto breads. If breads and pizza have carbs it is probably better to just eliminate rather then imitate.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of Keto so still learning. I made this "Almost No Carb Pizza" for supper the other night, having leftovers for lunch today. I make my own pizza sauce so I can control the sugar. I cut the pizza into 9 - 3"x3" squares. According to MFP, there are 4 carbs, 292 calories, 23g of fat, and 15g of protein per piece.

This one is a keeper!