Anyone else on day 3?

Options
Hello all!

I started Keto on Monday. I think I have been doing ok. I had issues with my protein yesterday because I had salmon for dinner. Everything else was ok. My MFP will only let me set my macros by percentage, which it is either 5 or 10%, but when I used the calculator, it recommends 7%...so I have to keep that in mind.

Also, I wasnt of the net carb situation. Thanks to @teresamwhite , now I know to subtract my fiber from my carbs and that should give me the real number, which makes it easier.

I bough the keto strips yesterday, apparently I an in ketosis...but very low. I do have a slight headache today, as I did yesterday, and I feel kind of foggy...

What is everyone else doing/feeling on day 3?

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Day three is when you start to feel it. You may want to increase your salt intake a bit.
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm also on day 3, well day 4, I'm feeling run down. Is that normal? I heard it might be the ketosis, but i'm not sure(was feeling that way before Keto). i'm having trouble coming up with food ideas. I'm not a cook so i have to find easy/simple recipes to try. Any suggestions? Thank you!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    leahk80 wrote: »
    Good morning, I'm also on day 3, well day 4, I'm feeling run down. Is that normal? I heard it might be the ketosis, but i'm not sure(was feeling that way before Keto). i'm having trouble coming up with food ideas. I'm not a cook so i have to find easy/simple recipes to try. Any suggestions? Thank you!

What kinds of foods do you like to eat (besides carbs, lol) Start there, and make a few swaps...for example, start buying chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. Buy 80% lean ground beef instead of ground turkey or 93% lean beef. Use real butter, and whole eggs. Try pesto instead of spaghetti sauce (and shirataki noodles instead of pasta).
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    On day 8...woke up feeling sooooo energized!! I hope you ladies are all doing well! I have trouble with food too...not great in the kitchen, but I did buy more fatty meats over the weekend, hope that helps!!
  • Rjc5197
    Rjc5197 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting Keto again after going off it many months ago. On day 3 and already feeling less bloat, but my body is still used to carbs for energy, and my AM workouts are tough. I remember having great workouts once my body adapts, so looking for that soon.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Rjc5197 wrote: »
    I am starting Keto again after going off it many months ago. On day 3 and already feeling less bloat, but my body is still used to carbs for energy, and my AM workouts are tough. I remember having great workouts once my body adapts, so looking for that soon.

Just give it a couple of weeks, and you'll feel more energized.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting (day 1) after a few months break. I know what to expect, so I have some celtic salt and magnesium within my reach.
  • alevbrant
    alevbrant Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am new to Keto, started a week ago. Like GrokRock, I also found my morning workouts significantly harder the first few days. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis - thirsty, less bloat, generally stabilized mood, bowel movements have changed, and wake up in the morning - or from an afternoon nap WIDE awake. I'm eating a fair amount of protein. Generally I'm not crazy about dairy but have found ways to work it into my diet. Some of my go to's: Almond butter, ricotta cheese/cocoa powder/stevia mix (dessert) avocados and cashew milk. I'd love to hear what others are having for meals.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I watched Dr. Berg's video... Keto on Steroids and I started that plan today. I am hoping to use this as a quick start and then transition into full keto. I'm new to this way of eating and hoping to loose about 50lbs. It really is overwhelming and there is so much varying information out there....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJRSebJ0XA&index=3&list=PLoZgNAeVCYEHCT-HA4qma2Sa-u12DJVjx