Anyone here disillusioned with Freestyle?

Options
Hi folks. I have been with WW since 2016 and lost 46 pounds! I was happy as a clam with Smartpoints. When Freestyle first came around, it seemed like a great idea only because I really like chicken and beans and yoghurt and fish. When I saw that we lost 7 points, my heart sank. I was disappointed in that maneuver. As I tried to make FS work, I saw how difficult it was for me. Long story short, I'm not alone. There are plenty that have the same issue. You see, Smartpoints is a lifestyle for me, where Freestyle is more like a diet! I saw the Weeklies disappear way too fast.
Anyway, I'm glad I could tweak the app to make it work for me. I'm now back with the 30 sp a day!

Replies

• Lisa8179
    Lisa8179 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How did you change it back ?
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan either. I wasn't impressed when fruit and winter squash became free nor was I happy when I tried simply filling. If I could eat to satisfaction I wouldn't have joined in the first place. I think Freestyle will be good for people in the beginning but it won't last because there is little variety and then you have less points for variety.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    to get more points switch your settings to maintence. I went from 23 to 28 which is close enough. If you have a points calculator you can manually check points values then use the "quick add" feature.
  • care971
    care971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I too am on WW and decided today that I would start double tracking just to see what I am actually eating. My issue has always been that I go into starvation mode and plateau. Have been on WW since Sept 2016 and have lost 40 lbs...but nothing in the last 2 months, my eating hasn't changed but I suspect that I am not eating enough with the new point system. Hitting my target used to be a challenge, now not so much...Hoping that MFP will give me some clues as to what is missing...I suspect protein lol
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't dissatisfied with Freestyle, I wouldn't be here. ;) I still love WW but realized (when my loss stalled) that I need to be more watchful of what I'm eating. I agree, beans are too easy to over-do and get too many carbs.
  • cheshiremask
    cheshiremask Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 40# with smartpoints and gained 10 back when it switched to freestyle. I couldn't get it figured out - some days I was way under points and other days I was on point or a little over. I guess I just don't have the kind of self control for so many "free" foods. I floundered around for a while, gained back more weight, and just recently purchased the itrackbites app so I could go back to the old smartpoint system. I just miss the ww community, so that's why I'm here.
  • reneew62
    reneew62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime member on WW and I still use the WW app but I am careful with the 0SP foods. I always struggled because I love fruit and knew I could over do it so now there are just more things I can over do. I love the flex part I like being able to use more one day and flex them to another. I actually added MFP into the game to track better and see how many calories compared to points I was eating and it has helped me get back to the goal weight I wanted. I will not give up on WW because when I did MFP before WW I didn't lose but the two together are just what I need. Ex I had a piece of cake last week 18 pts but 336 calories. MFP makes me think I can eat junk found up to my calorie limit and not gain and for me this is not true. For me a calories is not equal to another calorie and WW helps me know this. But my fitness helps me see 13pt each day is not the same calories each day so together they keep me on track. Sure it's a lot more work and some days I think I won't do MFP and WW only but I've yet to try that since getting back to my desired weight. I'm still trying to figure out how many calories I can actually eat and maintain.