Weekly Post 08/10/2018 - 14/10/2018

Options
2»

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    YAY!! @mamainthekitchen...back on tour!!! You can totally do this!! I’m with you, girl! You’re my first NyFitnessPal buddy...I’ve got your back <3<3<3

Just an idea...but, I lurk in a WFPB forum where everyone posts their weekly weigh ins. Most lost their starting weight, their goal weight, and any “benchmark” weights along the way. Would anyone be interested in doing the same here?
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hee Hee cats, dogs ... just about anything. It’s like when you prepare that glorious (in my case) end of the day meal with the perfect calories. And one piece of broccoli falls off the plate to the floor and you see it fall in slow motion and you scream “nooooooo” in slow motion. Who knew a piece of broccoli could mean so much. :o
  • snaps27
    Options
    Yesterday was ok. Calories a bit up but my activity was ok

n7j64l1cytcl.jpeg

But it could have been better. Got my walking in but not my cardio or weight training. I’ll aim for better next week. Have a great weekend.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a rainy Saturday here in SoCal. Don't tell my DS but I am super excited they canceled the soccer game! Not only do we get the day off but I am excused from snack duty. Loving it all but feeling a bit guilty as a mom. ;)

@flossyruby1 So funny about the cat! Yes, I can so relate! Sometimes I have food dreams where I go overboard and wake up thinking I blew the fast day. :o Now the the thing about cats is they are super fast, so Fluffy is probably safe for now. B)

@mamainthekitchen - There are YouTube videos for ring removal if you need it done sooner rather than later. :)

Yes, @meghan509 is the backbone of this board! I can just imagine how good she is at her job. Hope they pay her well.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Jknight: ok, gosh.. I just checked out YouTube!! I never would have guessed there were others... and some rings are extremely tight!! And to film it all!!! Ahh yikes! For now, this is a little motivating diet wise, especially since Halloween candy is in full display everywhere, but it’s ssure good to know that failing weight loss and my ring is still stuck, I’ve got dental floss in the drawer just in case!!! Thanks girl!

Hi Snaps! Good for you on your goals... wondering what fancy tracker you’re using? Sometimes I think just changing programs helps to keep motivation!

Flossy, I’m not sure what the heck WFPB is, but knowing you it’s Plant Based something... I like your idea though, more accountability! I measure waist instead as scales freak me out... but is this what you mean? Say Monday or Fridays or 1st & 15th of the month? What ideas do you have there. There’s not too many of us but we could make a separate forum alone just to add the numbers? Maybe have a goal of Christmas to see how we did? Do I sound excited?

Two walks in the bag today, & yesterday!! Woohoo, although for some reason MFP doubled my record yesterday and didn’t include my first walk today on my home page?? Weird, at least I know I did it I guess.

Happy Saturday! Hoping that the hubs will agree to watch a chick flick tonight!! Fingers crossed!

• flossyruby1
    Options
    Ah, Mama, you were spot on...Whole Foods plant based!! Good guess!! I don’t know, but maybe choosing the same day every week? The way I’ve seen others do it is they post their starting weight, current weight, goal weight and from there, they check in. So an example would be...

SW: 182
    CW: 152
    GW: 140

10/5: 152 First time fasting in a while. Looking to get to my GW before I leave for Hawaii on 12/29.
    10/13: 150 Yay...lost 2 lbs. Yes, it’s my TOM, but I’ll take it. I did 2 FD, but was unable to stick to 500 cals. Looking forward to better focus next week.

Each week, the person just copies their previous entry and then adds the current week. It’s nice to see it this way bc you get to see the overall picture/progress.

Thoughts??
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Oops...Wednesday’s seem like to good choice because it gives one a couple of days after the weekend. But any day works. Friday’s??
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Does WFPB use a thread dedicated to the goals and benchmarks? That would be good because each post in that thread would bump it back on top of all the threads.
  • snaps27
    Options
    choosing the same day every week? The way I’ve seen others do it is they post their starting weight, current weight, goal weight and from there, they check in. It’s nice to see it this way bc you get to see the overall picture/progress.

Thoughts??

I think this is a great idea. Any day would work for me. Here are mine...
    2hzu3ntt6lvt.jpeg
    zwmp8ctne01c.jpeg

My chart is really higgledy-piggledy.

Got my walk in this morning despite the rain, but I forgot to put my Fitbit on so my steps weren’t counted but at least I know I did it. And another bit of great news...my PhD has finally officially between granted 9 years in the making and finally finished. My heart is now light. Happiness and joy :):D:)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Does WFPB use a thread dedicated to the goals and benchmarks? That would be good because each post in that thread would bump it back on top of all the threads.

Yes!! So it would be a separate thread from the weekly check-in. Personally, I feel like the weekly check-ins are a great place to expand ones thoughts. The weigh-in thread is more of a snapshot of progress. The thread I’ve seen has some people giving little snippets as to success (or un-success), but nothing too wordy.

• flossyruby1
    Options
    I know anything posted today should go on the next weekly thread, but I need to state that I’m fasting today. On Saturday, I printed all of my recipes for the week, spent an hour entering them into MFP (OMG...some of my recipes had calories counted and man, were they off...and not to my advantage), and planned out my week. Breakfast, lunch, FD, work, exercise, misc activities. I have been chasing the same stupid 3 lbs and I’m getting frustrated. So I decided to take the bull by the horns and create a little more structure to see if that helps. There...got that off my chest!!!