Hot Drinks in the Morning

Options
teresamwhite
teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
It is getting chilly in the Bluegrass State! Normally, I drink iced tea in the mornings (because when it isn't cold here, it is HOT & HUMID -there really isn't an in-between lol), with a splash of HWC and some sugar free flavored syrup. But now that it's getting cold, I will probably switch to hot tea, or bone broth in the mornings. (I do IF, so when I say "morning', it is more like noon lol)

I have read a lot about butter coffee/tea or butter bone broth but haven't done that yet, has anyone else tried it? What do you drink, besides water?

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I just do black coffee with MCT oil in summer and winter.
  • alevbrant
    alevbrant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    warm (not hot) water with a squeeze of lemon is very good for waking up the digestive system. I go through cycles - about 3 weeks I have this first thing in the morning, followed by breakfast and coffee. Now i am starting with coffee - in a few weeks will probably feel the need to switch again. It's just what my body wants.
  • lacerka963
    lacerka963 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    due to having IBS I find the "Keto" Coffees trigger it... I use heavy cream and stevia
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Hot. Every single day as soon as I get up. Several cups. And I use heavy cream and an erythritol/stevia blend in it.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I tried buttered beef bone broth yesterday...8 ounces of beef bone broth with 2T of unsalted butter and a pinch of pink salt, then whizzed it in the blender. It was savoury, a little salty, and creamy...like a thin gravy. It was a little odd, but it tasted good. I could see myself doing that every so often for a change.