October 24 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Today I got some of the boys back into the morning rolling routine which was awesome. Had a lunchtime session with my exercise guy which was mostly stretching and massage to deal with all my pain from ramping up my training levels this week after travel and illness. Evening judo class to round it off.

Logged everything and although I was slightly over calories, I'm OK with that. My watch tells me I burn about 1700 passive calories per day and anything from 200 to 900 in some form of activity, but I don't wear the watch for any of my Jiu Jitsu or judo training, so now of that is included. When I look at that, I realise that 1800 calories is possibly too low for me as I don't eat back exercise calories. I may look at raising my goal to 2000 (although I need to find food that is higher in calorie because I already feel like I'm eating so much!)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    Exercize - 11k run (1000m repeats)
    Calories - no
    Tracked - no

This is my pass day no.1, really the only day I could have off diet before the next race so I took advantage of it. Back to my diet tomorrow.

Only using Pass #1 THIS late in the month ... very impressive / inspiring!
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Barre class, a 60 minute yoga class, and 60 minutes strength training.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 50 minutes stacking wood and 20 minutes exercise video
    Calories? Within allowance
    Tracked? Yes, everything is logged
    @craigo3154 Congrats to you and your wife for your continued diligence.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes afternoon walk
    Calories yes 1375/1400
    Tracked. Yes.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I went the other direction today. I am hosting out of town visitors in my office from today through mid-day on Friday. Since I am the host, I shared two restaurant prepared meals with my guests. I did track. I did not have a blow out, but I am over my calories.
    Nonetheless, I had a great pre-winter cardio/strength workout this morning.
    This was Pass Day 3 for me.
    Rick
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes 3x. 2 mile walk
    @craigo3154 yay for your wife!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    Exercize - 11k run (1000m repeats)
    Calories - no
    Tracked - no

This is my pass day no.1, really the only day I could have off diet before the next race so I took advantage of it. Back to my diet tomorrow.

@trimi1104. 11km run. Unless you ate an elephant or two, you were likely under budget. What type of diet are you on (if I may enquire)?

Anyway, it's good to have scheduled pass days (now if only I could follow my own advice :) ).

Best of luck in your next race.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @fatbambi2017.
    @jan110144.
    @w8goal4life.
    @MzRuthy.

Thank you for the support and encouragement.

I am so proud of how my wife is doing. It's been over a year since I achieved my target weight (and I have maintained it ever since), but I never pushed her to manage her size/weight/health. She had tried MANY times before, but this is the most successful she has ever been at it. This time the mindset is different. She has changed her eating habits for good, it's not a diet.

I'm sure we all have someone who we care about that we think "If only we could change ....". However, the change for them must come from within. Be the person you want them to be and inspire them to change. Let them have the idea and offer help only when asked for. Once it's the other persons desire to change, it's hard to stop them. (Especially if you have already successfully led the way and they are learning from your learnings and mistakes).