Weekly Post 22/10/2018 - 28/10/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA over the weekend. Another busy but good weekend here. Got some cooking done yesterday for the week. Made a really nice vegetarian 15 bean soup that I can't wait to have for dinner some night this week. Here is a link for anybody interested. I left out the celery since I don't care for it, otherwise I made it as is. For the soup "mix" I bought the dry beans that come in a baggie from Goya and it is a 16 bean mix if I recall. Those were in the bean section in my regular market.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/vegetarian-15-bean-soup/

I read through the posts and it sounds like everybody is plugging along pretty well! Love reading everybody's posts. :)

A belated Happy Birthday to @KateNkognito - welcome to the 40's! Women are like fine wine. Better with age. :D Understand your schedule is crazy with school. Take it one day at a time. Try and make healthy decisions but don't rip your hair out. Maybe try pre-made soups, oatmeals, yogurts, salads, etc. on fasting days. Don't beat yourself up over 500 calories. Go with 800 on light days. Education is just as important as health.

Alrighty all. Off to get my water cup filled and to start the day. Have a good one all. For everybody fasting - hope you have an easy day!

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Had a struggle this weekend. I find tiredness and overeating go hand in hand. :blush:

Lots going on last week. After 10 years out of the workforce and five years of on and off job hunting, I got my first job offer and it is a decent company. I am thrilled! I am still working out the details but hopefully it will all workout and I will be starting there in November. It is a lower level job than when I left my last position but the company is growing so I am confident I will able to return to the level I was at in due time. I think this job will be really fun and I loved the team.

Oh, and, I am sure you all watched the Dodgers win this weekend like we did. 😉 JK Seriously, it was an excellent game and thought the Dodgers played beautifully!

Fast day today. Just thankful that I didn't blow it off.

Ta Ta!
  • jknight001
    Options
    BTW, has anyone else had a problem with the MFP app on Android. Mine has been spontaneously been crashing at least once a day for the last month, maybe? I think I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the problem.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Today was a little wild! The full moon is on Wednesday and we had schedule changes on top of that. Oh, and it is the roller skating unit in PE... I am in there with first grade. Pray for me. LOL On the plus side, our principal dressed up as a unicorn fairy since the kids raised so much money during the book fair! He looked FABULOUS!! LOL

@jknight001 I noticed my app (android) has been odd the last few days. It locked up my phone once and loads a blank page sometimes.

@Meghan509 Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am not going to bother fasting for a while. But I AM going to get back to logging and, with that, making better choices. If I can at least not gain for the next few months, then I think I will be OK. I only have one more year +7 weeks until I graduate. While I would love to lose some weight before I start job interviews next spring, I am not going to kill myself to do it.

I hope everyone had a great day! Off to write a lesson plan and do a case law briefing. Fun times at my house!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@jknight001 congrats on the job opportunity! I am so happy for you. I wish you nothing but the best at your new company. :smiley: Agree that it in time you will definitely be back where you want to be!
    I didn't watch the LA Dodgers but I am happy for you if you are fan! LOL I am not a huge MLB fan but I am hoping the Red Sox win this one. Got to stick with my beloved New England. <3

Yes, I notice that the Android app has been wonky. I log on via PC, or via my Android Phone or Android Tablet. I find that it takes a while for things to sync. Like I will put meals in via PC and then later I go on the app and my food diary is all blank for a good minute until it catches up. I have not noticed much force closures, etc. lately.

@KateNkognito LOL on the kids and roller skating! Hope everything went well and nobody fell down. It reminds me of when my Mom was the head leader for Brownies back in the day and they took us roller skating. It was fun! One girl fell down and sprained her wrist. Her Mother was acting like it was broken and wanted to sue the Girl Scouts of America! My Mom was like really? Seriously? :( She was fine but what a hot mess!

Yesterday went well. Had a good workout. Hit my calorie goal. See you guys soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning gang.

Hope everybody is doing well. Yesterday I hit around 1200 calories and I hit the treadmill for 48 minutes last night. Had a good day. Had the vegetarian 15 bean soup for dinner last night. It was delish but a little too light for what we were looking for. Better for a light day, which is fine. I am going to see what I can add to it next time to make a little heartier. If we have a low calorie roll or some rice or something like that it just adds more carbs. Need to figure out some protein.

Not much else happening here. Plugging along. Wednesday already which is good. We are expecting some heavy rain and wind on Saturday which stinks. A Nor'Easter as we call them around here. Hopefully the day won't be too bad and we can get out without getting pummeled by rain.

Hope you have a great day. See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @jknight001 congratulations on your new job! Hope it all goes well for you. And yes my iPhone, which is how I usually check out mfp, has logged me out several times recently. Not sure what’s going on?

Haha Kate! Omg I’m prayin’ for ya!!! Too funny... hope your roller skating went well! Oh and happy belated bday! You & I are October gals then! Good for you and all your schooling/work and to keep up with us here... you got this!!

Today I’ve so far, had an unintentional fast day... skipped morning meal, then was at the dentist and couldn’t eat after, had to take the dog out plus I have errands!! Just gulped a glass of almond milk and I think I’ll wait till dinner to actually eat! Let’s hope this doesn’t backfire and I hunt down the Halloween candy my husband has hidden!!! I need some of your soup Meghan!’

Hope all is well with you all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @jknight001 Congrats on the job! You will be awesome!

@Meghan509 Glad your soup was good. Maybe add a little chicken? Is it you that doesn't like pork, or your fella? Or am I thinking of someone else entirely? Stay dry this weekend!

@mamainthekitchen Happy birthday to you, too! Did I miss it? Or is it coming up? I hope your fast sticks!

Skating went well, and today's full moon was... let's just say it was NOT boring! LOL I am off to work on a few short papers and then maybe early to bed. All the first graders were breathing on me today! :s
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone!! Sounds like you are all off to a good week! I’m excited to say that I leave for Dallas today for job training. I feel like a binaries businesswoman LOL. Tbh, I’ve been struggling a bit. I had 1.5 FD last week, which did not produce any results. I went to a WW workshop yesterday and was not surprised to lee I’d gained 5 lbs. I was bummed, but not surprised. Yesterday, I picked myself up and told myself to stop being a big baby bc really, I can get kind of petulant when it comes to weight loss. So I feel my motivation is high as I head out on this trip.

Good luck everyone!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

@mamainthekitchen LOL on the hidden Halloween candy! Love it! I do love my sweets and have been sucked in to buying candy in the past even though we get no trick or treaters! Now everything is going to be on sale after Halloween but I am going to ignore those areas of the stores!

@KateNkognito glad skating went well! YES, great idea to add some chicken to our soup. I could pick up a rotisserie and throw in some white meat to the four servings left of the soup. THANK YOU! Next time I would just make it with.

@flossyruby1 Hope you have a safe trip to Dallas! I hear you about struggling. Pretty much sums up the last few months for me. Sigh. I had gotten a little too high calorie on the weekends and pretty much have felt meh about the gym the last few months. Things are a little better, but not perfect. In my case, when your pants feel snug the party is over... Time to get serious.
    Sorry to hear about your gain. Could it be the scale you used? Maybe it was not your usual scale or the clothing you had on - jeans, sweaters, etc. all could have added weight. Keep your chin up. You can do it. Think of how far you have come and how close you are to getting to where you want to be.

I had a good workout last night on the treadmill. I also stayed around 1200-1300 calories which is what I was aiming for. Today same. Will do the treadmill again tonight or a bike if one is free. Lately the bikes we like are all taken when we arrive. So frustrating!

Going to go fill up my water cup and get started here. Have a great day all. Sending positive vibes to those who are fasting today! You can do it!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I NEED *ALL* THE FOOD!!! But, I am not eating all the food. :#

@Meghan509 I hope you had a good day. I hope you get your motivation back. :smile:

@flossyruby1 I hope you enjoy your trip! I really like Dallas. It is a fun place to visit. I hope you can explore a bit when you are not in training. :smile:

Off to bed. It was a less busy day at work, so that is a plus. And I have checked off a lot on my to do list for the week. If anyone else has an ADD brain like mine, I highly recommend a Bullet Journal. It has saved my scattered mind!
    Good night and happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning guys!

I didn't weigh in this morning because last night's dinner was a little iffy. Fell off the wagon a little, ya know... But, its okay. Back on this morning. :)

@KateNkognito thanks! Trying to take it one week at a time. If I can lose ten pounds by Christmas I will be back in the 160's and feeling better about myself and my weight. Two months to lose ten pounds I think is doable with my sluggish weight loss.

Planning to hit the gym at least once this weekend and to eat clean. Rain is coming for us all day Saturday. Boo.... Better than snow!

Hope everybody is good. Will check back later on you all. Have a great day!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey, my peeps! WiFi service in this hotel has been spotty, so it’s been hard to get online. I was hoping to have posted my stats before leaving, but I’ll just wait until I get back. So far, I haven’t really done too poorly while traveling. I would have normally used it as an excuse to just do what I want. But as I am hear bc of WW, I’ve got weight and food on the brain, which is helping me stay in line. I did manage to run a virtual 5k the day before I left. This was a goal after starting to run again. I needed something that replaced my 1.5 hour walks bc let’s face it, I don’t always have that kind of time. I’ve got my sights on completing the whole holiday series and then maybe a triathlon. There’s a nice-looking beginner one close by in March. So that’s all in Dallas for now. I have to be ready to go by 8, so I got up at 5....which is 3 pacific time (yikes).
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Next time I am all excited to go to the Japanese steakhouse, would someone please remind me how awful I will feel the next day? Blech! I am all bloated and there is a bad aftertaste, even this morning! BUT my son had a wonderful time for his birthday and so I guess it was worth it! :smile:

@flossyruby1 I hope you keep doing well! I have an indoor walking routine that I used to do. I need to load it to my phone with the weather getting colder. Thanks for the inspiration!

@meghan509 I hope the weather wasn't too bad and you made it to the gym. :smile:

There is no way I am going to step near a scale today. I will skip this weekend's weigh in. Off to drink a ton of water to wash all this salt out of my system. Have a great week! Happy fasting!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Way to go @flossyruby1
    I know what you mean about making excuses when traveling or on vacation. Been there, done that.
    Hope the trip goes well!
    Not too much happening here. Weekend is rolling on. We got rain and wind yesterday but it was not heavy rain, which was nice! Lots of leaves fell but otherwise no biggie!
    Hope everybody is well. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi @KateNkognito oh yes I know what you mean about the bloaty feeling after a big meal. So fun!
    Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!
  • jknight001
    Options
    I had hope to be better about "communitizing". Don't want to revert back to creepy lurker status.

Had to hold my breath about my job last week. Put in a counter offer on Tuesday and didn't hear back until Friday. Catastrophized the whole thing into them being totally offended and moving on to another candidate. The truth turned out to be that the hiring manager was hosting a conference and was a tad bit busy. Imagination does have it's downside. They didn't give me the salary I asked for, which was ok. Even I didn't think that would happen but they did add a signing bonus that got it up to what I asked for. And the hiring manager kept sprinkling into the conversation how much they wanted me. Kept wanting to look around to see if they were talking to someone else, even though I was on the phone :D . Tough being a woman in the working world, if you know what I mean. I am doing my best to just accept someone likes me.

Well, our Los Angeles Dodgers lost the World Series AGAIN! I don't understand how they can be so good in the regular season and fall apart during the World Series. Last night was an Epic Fail. :confounded: Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox. You earned it. At least I can take consolation in the fact that @meghan509 is happy.

@KateNkognito - Rollerskating unit in PE and a unicorn fairy principal? Are you at the coolest school ever??? Hope you escaped the creepy crawlers from the first graders.

@Meghan509 - If you still have syncing issues, try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Worked wonders for me.

@flossyruby1 - I can identify with getting kind of petulant when it comes to weightloss. I work hard darn all week and the scale just "Meh." Makes me want to trash the scale. :angry:

Well, off to bed for me. Fast day tomorrow. Let's hit it hard this week and show the scale who is boss! Talk to you soon.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Ok, that was supposed to say "darn hard" but MFP wouldn't allow me to save it. :anguished: