How do you find the time?

Options
awl071578
awl071578 Posts: 1 Member
I’m a teacher. We are asked to do more and more each year on our own time. I’m also a mom of 2 kids- they’re 20 & 17, and they live with me. Not exactly toddlers, but I still have stuff to do with and for them.
Currently struggling to find time. I’m making a goal of 4 times a week at the gym, and taking my gym bag with me to work sometimes helps, but not always be cause I’m exhausted! I’d love other ways to make it happen.

Replies

• almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm lucky enough to have a job that allows me to go to the gym at lunch time, so that is one way I find the time.

Sometimes I make tomorrow's dinner after the kids go to bed (they are 4 and 1).

But yeah since returning to work 6 months ago I have gained 10 pounds and am just so tired. I had to go buy bigger pants again which was so depressing. It's hard to be on point when you are juggling all the things.

So. I'm back on mfp, packing my lunches, and going to the gym this week. I should see some movement on the scale.
  • mehiggins119
    mehiggins119 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have time. I work full-time and bring it home to continue. I have a husband and 4 kids: 16, 14, 13, & 5. I'm in grad school (10 hrs this semester)... I truly cannot squeeze another thing in right now. I use MFP for tracking my food intake. I have lost 35+ lbs since March 19. I still have a goal to work out for cardiovascular health and fitness... but just not today.
  • JBL2517
    JBL2517 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mehiggins119...I completely understand your struggle. I work full time with a 40 minute commute each way so by the time I get home, fix dinner, make sure people are bathed, pack lunches, and lay cloths for the next day, I’m completely spent. I keep thinking maybe I could get up early and exercise but that has not happened yet.