How did you hear about ADF?

Options
I shared how my husband and I started with our fasting in the original announcement in this group, so I was wondering how others got interested in alternate day fasting? What did you see or hear? Was it someone that you know that tried it?

Replies

• rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hi! I've been on mfp since 2014 and lost a lot of weight on keto but didnt keep with the diet and gained some back. I watched "the science of fasting" on YouTube. I've also watched Jason Fung and heard that alternate day fasting is good for weight loss.
  • mmbrockman
    mmbrockman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were searching for a way to lose weight - yo-yo’d for years, and saw an news item about a women who had lost 60 pounds in 7 months on IF. She was on TV, i watched her interview and then she said she saw a BBC documentary. So i found that and watched it. Then i just started doing more investigation and decided this would be the easiest way for us to lose weight plus it sounds like it actually beneficial. We are on the 2nd week of ADF, but we are easing in to it, so 1 day first week, 2 days second week, etc.
  • if_and_me_2019
    if_and_me_2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was listening to a podcast and Joel McHale was on it and he just mentioned that he uses the alternate day fasting method. I had never heard about it and got interested so I researched and also came across Dr. Jason Fung and some other advocates and decided to try it out.
  • spinningmadlyon
    spinningmadlyon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive been on and off ketogenic diet the last 2 years, the hardest part for me is any socializing or travel while in keto. Daily keto is all or none. So I would fall off the wagon if I met a friend for lunch, or when I traveled with my daughter to South America. Weight went up. Then it took forever to get back IN keto. So finally I came across Jason Fung and this makes complete sense and seems sustainable no matter your diet on eating days. I just finished my first week of ADF with 3 water fasts for 36+ hours (depending on when I get hungry the morning it is time to break fast) but I feel great. My energy and mood are much better on fasting days. So, Im giving this a try.
  • christinelyn426
    christinelyn426 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw my cousin over the holidays and noticed she has lost a significant amount of weight. We got to talking and she told me about the every other day diet she has followed for many months now. Not only does she look great, but she has energy and feels great so I have decided to give it a try myself! My goal is to lose 40 lbs before my 40th Birthday in 12 months from now.