Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Nov 3

Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes

UFC killed me. Pizza and Halloween candy..this week has definitley not been my best week but I am not stressing. I'm ready to get back at it and kill it. I set up new goals which I think will get my head back into the game. I am planning a chocolate kick lol no more!! And 15 pounds by my birthday in decemnber Today I fit back into my size 10 pants, so of that isn't motivation enough I don't know what will be...moving on ward and downward to single digits

sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday no
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is stephanie and I live in Toronto Canada.
    I am 28 years old and I joined MFP (again) on July 9th at 178 pounds. I have worked really hard and set myself up for major dedication and I am happy to announce that I now weigh 148.
    This is my 4th time joining this challenge (I think) and I absolutley love it!! It not only keeps me dedicated but I love the mods...they are absolutley motivational.
    I am looking to loose another 15 by my birthday on December 22nd and although my weight has slowed down a lot, I am willing to really kick it into high gear for those last dreaded pounds. I am also looking to work really hard this week to drop a little bit more and am hoping for at least 35 pounds lost in four months, which is my new personal best in weight loss. I have a personal NSV since joining this challenge and it's fiting into my skinny jeans again (with room), for the first time in a little over a year!!! So exciting!! I can taste those single digits and I am going to work for it. This month I also joined a volleyball team and I am hoping that also keeps me active.

I hope everyone has a great month
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Nov 3

Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes

UFC killed me. Pizza and Halloween candy..this week has definitley not been my best week but I am not stressing. I'm ready to get back at it and kill it. I set up new goals which I think will get my head back into the game. I am planning a chocolate kick lol no more!! And 15 pounds by my birthday in decemnber Today I fit back into my size 10 pants, so of that isn't motivation enough I don't know what will be...moving on ward and downward to single digits

sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday no
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no

Fitting into smaller sized jeans is ALWAYS a great motivator!!!! Great NSV, Stephanie!!!
  • Akrunr49
    Akrunr49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m terrible at posting but I will try my best to pop in as often as I can. I am a full time mom with a full time job and a part time homestead in progress. I was on here a year ago and participated in this challenge for about three months and it was a huge success for me. It helped me knock off somewhere around the 25 pound range. I’m not great at tracking calories but I know how to focus my eating habits and make better choices. Unfortunately if I do track calories I tend to obsess and it leads to restriction and eventual failure per my personality. However this week was still a success. Not only was there Halloween and pizza but I was able to hit 10k steps every day and I have cut back on my sugar in coffee which is no easy feat!! My goal for the month is 6-8 pounds, which would put me at 148-150.

I think today is my weigh in day (?).
    Weigh in day is Sunday.
    I was 156.
    I am now 154.

Goal for next week is 1.5 pounds. This week was a bit bigger than anticipated so I expect my body to resist me next week. Good luck everybody!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey there! My name is amber & im 27 years old. I am an emotional eater and I just became my heaviest I’ve ever been and I feel so ashamed and disgusted. I’m currently 312.2 & now is the time to change. I’m hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and motivate me to lose !!

Back in 2012 , I started my weight loss journey the first time and within almost 2 years I lost 80 pounds. I was so proud of myself and I accomplished so much! In 2014, I lost my dad and within the 4 years I gained all my weight back and then some. I basically gave up and stopped tracking. My depression became really bad after my dad passed and once again I found comfort in food. Since then I struggled to find the spark I had in 2012-2013. Now that I see my heaviest , I’m hoping that will wake me up enough to put forward the effort to lose!

Welcome, Amber!! You've taken the first step by joining this Challenge. I am hoping we can provide some much needed motivation!! The good news is that you know how to lose weight. You know the hard work it takes, and you know that there will be good days and bad days. But you are up for the challenge!! You got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Cissy92 wrote: »
    I have been tracking my weight an calories for a month now, an it seems like when i workout i dont loose as much weight, but when i dont workout i loose weight.is that weird or is it me?

Maybe you are overestimating your calorie burn from working out and eating back too many calories. Maybe, when you don't work out, you are extra careful when logging your food because you know there will be nothing to offset what you eat.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Cissy92 wrote: »
    weighed today 195.8 checking in

You only lost 0.2 of a pound, but it has only been three days since you submitted a starting weight. Next week you will have a full seven days, so I expect we'll see a much bigger loss!! Keep up the good work!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm excited about this challenge - I think it will be very motivating!

At 61 years old I'm guessing I'm the oldest one here. I hate to confirm this, but as I get older yes my metabolism has slowed down.

With a desk job my weight as continued to increase and now it's time to stop. I'd be happy to lose 5 lbs in November. I live in Southern Ontario (Canada) and do belong to a gym - it's time to use it!

My goal is to stay below 1300 calories and to improve my fitness!

Username: cossmoss15
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Weight Nov 1st: 135.0 lbs

Mini Challenge for Saturday, Nov 3rd:
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes (60 min spinning)
    Steps - 6,087
    Water - lots!

Age is just a number, but if it affects your metabolism, then it's time to start paying attention to that number!! I, too, have a gym membership that I need to start using!! As the senior members in the group, let's show the young ones how it's done!!

I live in Tillsonburg. Are you anywhere near me?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for October Week #5

Our very own @Reanna143 came 2nd overall with a loss of 2.10% Congratulations, Steffy!!

Other notables in our group of Big Butts for last week were:

@Reanna143 - 2.10%
    @mikea2g - 1.30%
    @abowersgirl - 1.07%
    @murdog3t - 0.96%

Well done to all four of you!!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Results for October - The Grand Finale!!!

Well, we didn't have the overall Biggest Loser, but we did have the second and third overall Biggest Losers!! Congratulations to @Reanna143 for coming in 2nd and losing a whopping 10.66% and to @xr8_kiwi for coming in 3rd and losing 7.87%!!

Thanks, in part, to these two ladies, team The Big Butt Theory came 2nd overall for the month of October!!! Well done to all the Big Butts that had a loss for the month!!

Speaking of losses, the following Big Butts had notable ones for the month:

@Reanna143 - 10.66%
    @xr8_kiwi - 7.87%
    @mikea2g - 5.13%
    @abowersgirl - 4.88%
    @bizgirl26 - 4.52%
    @murdog3t - 2.83%
    @Jenmarcuson - 1.95%
    @kc9agz - 1.65%

Well done to this fantastic group of losers!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We have a large group on deck for tomorrow!!

Monday weigh-ins:

@AaronT1982, @heaz10, @kidkees, @LinnyKitten, @lozenger1984, @MelsLeanDream, @scarapet and @txmaryk99
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sunday November 4th, Day 1 mini-challenge (at least I think it's day 1? I might be late on this train)
    • Logged everything?: Sure did. Breakfast was some avocado/egg toast, and dinner was home-made bang bang shrimp and jasmine rice. Not quite sure the best way to log fried food, but I added a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
    • Under calorie limit?: Yes, for now!
    • Exercised?: Yes, did ~25 minutes of Yoga with Adriene on youtube
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Hey there! My name is amber & im 27 years old. I am an emotional eater and I just became my heaviest I’ve ever been and I feel so ashamed and disgusted. I’m currently 312.2 & now is the time to change. I’m hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and motivate me to lose !!

Back in 2012 , I started my weight loss journey the first time and within almost 2 years I lost 80 pounds. I was so proud of myself and I accomplished so much! In 2014, I lost my dad and within the 4 years I gained all my weight back and then some. I basically gave up and stopped tracking. My depression became really bad after my dad passed and once again I found comfort in food. Since then I struggled to find the spark I had in 2012-2013. Now that I see my heaviest , I’m hoping that will wake me up enough to put forward the effort to lose!

Hey there Amber. I’m right there with you. Emotional eater and tried so hard to get motivated. Lost a lot of weight long ago and gained it all back. My mother passed away a year ago and I swore I would change so that didn’t happen to me. I didn’t change. Marriage falling apart, I didn’t change. Kids might grow up without me. I didn’t change. Honestly not sure what flip switched for me, but hopefully your switch has been flipped and you’ll find yourself making those small changes again, staying consistent and watching your life change for the positive.

I’m half way to goal (309 to 265 / goal is 225). I hate the way I look almost daily. Of course, I also love the progress I’ve made almost daily. Constant struggle, but making my food choices a priority I keep trending down. You can do it!

Thank you so much for the support ! This means a lot to me !! (:
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    November 4 - mini challenge.

*logged everything ? Sure did.
    *under calorie limit ? Unfortunately not. However I’m only over by 245 calories so it’s a start!
    *exercised ? I was on my feet for 5 and a half hours at work plus I was rearranging my bedroom so I can start moving my sisters stuff in my room.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Akrunr49 wrote: »
    Hey all! I’m terrible at posting but I will try my best to pop in as often as I can. I am a full time mom with a full time job and a part time homestead in progress. I was on here a year ago and participated in this challenge for about three months and it was a huge success for me. It helped me knock off somewhere around the 25 pound range. I’m not great at tracking calories but I know how to focus my eating habits and make better choices. Unfortunately if I do track calories I tend to obsess and it leads to restriction and eventual failure per my personality. However this week was still a success. Not only was there Halloween and pizza but I was able to hit 10k steps every day and I have cut back on my sugar in coffee which is no easy feat!! My goal for the month is 6-8 pounds, which would put me at 148-150.

I think today is my weigh in day (?).
    Weigh in day is Sunday.
    I was 156.
    I am now 154.

Goal for next week is 1.5 pounds. This week was a bit bigger than anticipated so I expect my body to resist me next week. Good luck everybody!!

Hey, there! Great loss this week!! And yes, today is your weigh-in day!! Good for you to recognize that meticulously logging food is not for you, and you were still able to lose weight. Just goes to show that there is definitely more than one path to success!! Way to survive Halloween, get your steps in and cut back on the sugar in your coffee!!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, November 4, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 20 minute HIIT on elliptical / 30 minutes pushing and pulling the prowler sled at the gym. (Spent about 10 minutes laying down playing dead between laps :) / 250 swings of the ax breaking up wood rounds.(the last 15 were phoned in, but hey, I had a number in mind!) Feeling good about November!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:
    Logged: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 minutes on treadmill
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 4 - mini challenge.

*logged everything ? Sure did.
    *under calorie limit ? Unfortunately not. However I’m only over by 245 calories so it’s a start!
    *exercised ? I was on my feet for 5 and a half hours at work plus I was rearranging my bedroom so I can start moving my sisters stuff in my room.

Only 245 over, so not a bad start at all! And you were on your feet for most of the day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday, November 4th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, one hour forty-five (101 active minutes) of cleaning out flower beds
    water: 88 ounces (I need to finish this amount earlier in the day, as I was up in the night! Thankfully, I was able to go back to sleep!!)
    steps: 14, 753 (I got a Fitbit green screen!)

Okay, so Sundays are generally easy days for me as my husband is home. We had planned on being outside doing yard work, seeing as the rain was going to let up for the weekend (it is back again today). My real challenge becomes today. I will have to actively find some sort of exercise to do, and unless I want to get wet, it can't be a walk outside, which is usually my go to.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge Results - October Week #5 (Sun Oct 28th to Sat Nov 3rd)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @murdog3t (7) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @mikea2g (5)
    @abowersgirl (4)
    @bizgirl26 (4)
    @Nicoletime4me (4)

Attempted:
    @kidkees (1)
    @xr8_kiwi (1)

It was a slow week for the Mini Challenge...the last week of the month and it included Halloween!! But we did have one make it to the Winner's Circle and extend her streak! Congratulations to @murdog3t for another fantastic week, and showing all her Big Butt team mates how to do it!! Tami was also accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Very well done!!!!
This discussion has been closed.