Do you eat the same food everyday?

mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
Just wondering if you eating the same food everyday or are you more adventures and eating lots of different food everyday? And what's do you always come back to, to eat everyday? Also do rest of your family eat what you are eating including your children or do you cook different foods for them?

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I cook the same meal for both my husband and I but just add rice or a bit of noodle or potato or toast for him. Once in a while he gets a hankering for pizza or perogies and kielbasa, in which case, he's on his own, lol. We both like stirfry and fajitas and taco salads done keto style. And home made burgers on the grill.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    It is just my husband me. We eat bacically the same foods and I just add potatoes, rice, bread, noodles, etc to HIS "plate". I eat low carb. He has no dietary preferences or needs.

I'd say our intake consists of the same basics (meat, fish, vegetables) but we both like to cook and are pretty good in the kitchen (in our opinion) so a piece of chicken can easily end up picatta or tikka.

My staples have changed over the years but for the last long while they've been: plain Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, canned fish, salad vegetables and 1/2 and 1/2 for my decaf. And peanut butter. ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I try to change it up and eat different stuff...but some weeks get rather repetitive.

My biggest go-to is probably eggs, I love breakfast foods and none more than the ever versatile egg! Fried eggs, omelettes, hard boiled eggs, scrambled with cheese, egg drop soup, all of it, so yum!!!

For the family they mostly eat the same thing as a main dish, but generally with extra stuff tossed in for them as side dishes, like pasta or potatoes, or bread, or rice and such. My husband keeps things low carb, but the teens just fill up on anything and everything.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Yes - same omelette for breakfast mon-fri as it's easy to prep. I prep the same lunches for work - chicken thighs, broccoli and creamy blue cheese sauce - because it's easy and I like it.

Dinner is different every night, with extra veg/fat for me and carbs for my non-keto gf.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    I mix things up a bit because I get bored easily but my breakfast is usually eggs and sausage. I cook dinners for husband and my mom. I just adjust my dinner to be KETO. Like last night I made fried fish. I did family's first using wheat flour, then I wiped out the pan and fried my fish using almond flour. They had rolls and peas with theirs and I just had a big salad with my fish.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I have about 10-15 dishes that I cook repeatedly. If it works, I stay with it.

Same goes for the family. They like certain foods and I tend to make that the most. They get more fillers with their portion than I do.

Last night I made noodles and meat sauce. I took some meat out early and added an egg for my meal. The rest had noodles and tomato in their sauce.
  • bluebent1
    bluebent1 Posts: 12 Member
    I've been having the same bulletproof coffee for breakfast each morning and I often eat the same lunch at work for the week if I've prepared it on Sunday. This week was devilled eggs, keto fluff and a piece of cheese or handful of nuts. Supper is always something different. The week before I had prepared mason jar salads with balsamic vinaigrette and cheese and nuts for lunch. Not sure what it will be this week. I have a bunch of spaghetti squash so maybe I'll do a low carb spaghetti squash and portion it out and top with hot sauce and parmesan cheese. (I would freeze this in small microwavable glass containers.) My husband makes breakfast for him and the kiddos in the mornings but I've stopped partaking and just having my keto coffee. I usually make supper and we'll all have the same thing but I might make some potato or rice to go with everyone else's meal or I'll use sugar free bbq sauce on mine for bbq chicken or beef. I don't like to make things too complicated.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Yes and no, for breakfast I have found having scrambled egg and some canadian bacon easy and sets me up best for day. Seem to have that about 6 days of the week.

Lunch more or less the same, sometimes switch it out with dinner. Dinner poach, bake, or grill fish or chicken and some pork. Rarely have beef in any form.

But lots of variety in veges, and they get roasted, grilled or raw. Very rare to microwave or boil too bland. And have found use lots more spices than we ever use to.
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Thanks for all your replies, glad to see it isn't just me who eat lot of the same stuff.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    It really depends on how bad I'm feeling. I tend to eat a lot of salads, breakfast foods like eggs, bacon, etc in the mornings and for lunch. But for dinner type dishes I mix things up quite a bit; I'm still quite the chef in the kitchen most evenings.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    More or less I do eat about the same foods. I love them and they currently are working for better health. When they stop working for me I will have to rethink things.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    yep eggs, bacon, sausage , chicken , veggies (broc and cauli) and cheese , olives . once in awhile I will have pork or steak .
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Breakfast is pretty much the same eggs bacon sausage cheese and I love it. The rest changes up daily.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I work 3 12s a week, so my 3 work days will be identical, basically (meal prep for ftw!) otherwise, no, although I tend to repeat a lot of simple stuff
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    I love variety, except at breakfast! I'm just too groggy in the morning to be creative. But I am frequently searching for something new for dinners, thank goodness for the internet!
  • WickedWynds
    WickedWynds Posts: 22 Member
    I would love to plan the same stuff every day but I have a husband and kid to plan for. Husband definatly could benefit from a good Keto meal plan like mine. He follows with me sometimes but I plan for me and add the starches for them so not the same every day. Breakfast is usually the same because I make it and eat it at work. Lunch would be but I usually have leftovers from the night before.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    More or less I do eat about the same foods. I love them and they currently are working for better health. When they stop working for me I will have to rethink things.

This would be my answer as well. :)
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Yep. I did well for years doing my boring ol routine. Thought I’d try messing with meal timing after reading of the benefits as possible preventative for diabetes... oh boy was that a bad idea for me :(
    Lesson learned, if it’s not broke don’t fix it :)
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    I tend to go in spurts. For a few months I ate an avocado almost every day, then one day I just...didn’t want one. I got obsessed with eggs instead, then salami, and now chicken salad. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating the same things every day, so long as you’re prepared for the possibility you might suddenly get sick of something that was once important to you.
  • riaward1990
    riaward1990 Posts: 53 Member
    I don't eat breakfast but weekday lunches are meal prepped so always a salad with cheese and chicken, although I do two different flavours/spice blends each week for the chicken so that does vary it a little.

My husband and son aren't low carb and like to eat something different each night. We compromise by every other day having something easy to make low carb, the following day I'll eat the leftovers and then they two having something they like.