Having a hard time....

Options
TheOnyxStar
TheOnyxStar Posts: 19 Member
I just started a new diet plan this week and I'm having a hard time because I can't do anything I use to soothe myself. I usually run to something like a Starbucks sandwich and a drink but now I can't have it. It's really hard for me because I'm craving things like that and mashed potatos but I know I can't have them.

It makes my emotions worse. It doesn't help that this diet has thrown me into a depression loop. I know I can have them later on in this journey but that feels so far away right now.

Any advice appreciated. But I guess this was just a brain dump to the web-o-sphere.

Replies

• _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used to get terrible cravings, the first 2 weeks are the worst. It does get better.

Are there any little treats that would make you feel better, but that you can still incorporate in your daily kcal allowance?
  • jenmek
    jenmek Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How has your week been? Gaining focus?
  • Hutchkate88
    Hutchkate88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I so understand how u feel I been having a hard time for a while now I been on this low cholesterol diet everyone thinks it's ok to eat junk food in my face it makes,me angry a lot
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Just remember they are hurting their body eating junk. You are healthier and nurturing you body and I’m sure your skin is glowing. Being healthy is the perfect revenge.
  • BrownLady2
    BrownLady2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't think Keto is a sustainable diet, but when I do it for two weeks ALL my cravings are gone. Then things like vegetables taste awesome and fruits are such a sweet treat. Not to mention I can lose ten pounds easily in those two weeks! But the Keto Flu is real. You have to decide if it's worth it for you.