Craving monster

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
Ok so today was a good day until tonight when i ended up with a classic magnum ice cream and 3 very small chocolate fudge cakes. What happened to my willpower, think it went out to the kitchen and sew the kids eating ice-cream and cakes. Back on again tomorrow.
Anyone else lacking that willpower?

Replies

• rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh buddy! Last week end we gave in to our pizza craving. Ordered from our favorite local delivery. It was horrible! This place typically has amazing pizzas. I feel like they did it on purpose just so we wouldn't order again. LOL.
  • mor72
    Options
    Oh dear, at least the pizza could have been good, but looking at the bright side at least you wont order one again. I still git 6 ice-cream in the freezer, told the kids to eat them FAST. ;)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I realize I'll probably sound like a snooty childless b*tch, but I'm suggesting with all kindness that maybe you can try weaning your kids off of all that junk so you don't have it in the house... maybe start with lower carb 'ice creams' or some fudge-y fat bombs instead of cakes? I do understand that it's very difficult... I have a carb loving hubby, and unfortunately he can stop after a handful of potato chips... I can't seem to.
  • mor72
    Options
    To be honest i dont normally have lot of junk in the house as i know my sweet monster will just keep nagging at me until i give in. I foumd my willpower just it's as strong as it used to be. 25 years ago i stopped smoking (20-30 a day) work up on morning and my body was saying enough no more smoking, never looked back. What happened to that willpower :'( just have to dig deeper.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Keep some healthy sweets! Or rather, keto friendly.

There's some protein bars that taste like a dessert, Lily's has fantastic chocolate available at Whole Foods (I believe they put it on sale fairly often), there's a few ice cream brands like Enlightened and Halo Top. I've only tried Halo Top and there has been only one or two flavors I didn't care for.

Sprouts also has this fantastic pizza crust that is keto friendly and tasty!! I've tried making my own (even with the same ingredients as this product) and it was a trainwreck. The crusts are very expensive off sale, but I got 3 crusts for 13$ last week. The brand is Beyond Paleo.

We all fall off the wagon and not allowing yourself anything would make the journey harder I think. I hope you can find alternatives or overcome the cravings altogether. ^^
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    To be honest i dont normally have lot of junk in the house as i know my sweet monster will just keep nagging at me until i give in. I foumd my willpower just it's as strong as it used to be. 25 years ago i stopped smoking (20-30 a day) work up on morning and my body was saying enough no more smoking, never looked back. What happened to that willpower :'( just have to dig deeper.

It's easy to quit smoking. Just never ever have another one.
    Very difficult to just quit eating.
    That's why the food cravings are so much harder. Selective Addiction, I like to call it.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    We have candy and pumpkin roll left over from the weekend party...I have avoided the candy so far, but pumpkin roll, so yummm...and so one of my favorite things...I sent most of the extra home with one of the guests...and I have kept to just one slice every few days on it, but still, I don't really need it at all.

My willpower definitely fluctuates, that PMS week, it's so weak...and if I'm super hungry, it's so weak...and if I get started on the carbs, it's downhill fast...but if I get plenty of protein, and don't allow myself to get too hungry, then I can usually be strong and conquer the bad food like an amazon warrior!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    tayusuki wrote: »
    Keep some healthy sweets! Or rather, keto friendly.

There's some protein bars that taste like a dessert, Lily's has fantastic chocolate available at Whole Foods (I believe they put it on sale fairly often), there's a few ice cream brands like Enlightened and Halo Top. I've only tried Halo Top and there has been only one or two flavors I didn't care for.

Sprouts also has this fantastic pizza crust that is keto friendly and tasty!! I've tried making my own (even with the same ingredients as this product) and it was a trainwreck. The crusts are very expensive off sale, but I got 3 crusts for 13$ last week. The brand is Beyond Paleo.

We all fall off the wagon and not allowing yourself anything would make the journey harder I think. I hope you can find alternatives or overcome the cravings altogether. ^^

Thanks for the tip on pizza crust. I shop at Sprouts but hadn't seen that. I've been considering ordering pizza and just peeling off the cheese and toppings and eating. Lol