Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
edited November 2018 in Social Groups

Hospital meal
Baked chicken, potato, broccoli
Coffee and ice tea

THEN 11 eleven sugar packets! :astonished:

Every vital sign they check sugar levels LOL! OMG!

I’m in VA and I know some like SWEET TEA but Come on Man! :rage:

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Options
    k004dttjdbi9.jpeg
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hospital food services are very interesting. I’m amazed when I see patients on low sodium diets with bacon, pickles and chips on their tray (often at the same meal).

My hospital posts NI in the cafeteria. I’m amazed when the vegetable NI indicates there is no fat but the veggies are obviously coated in oil. I once asked the supervisor about that. His response? “Well, yes. But if we don’t dress the veggies nobody eats them.” He didn’t seem to grasp why they should update the NI to match what they were doing.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Options
    At age 70 this is my first time in hospital. I should write down all the things I think are just wrong but would be pages.
    I kept missing the urinal bottle, asked the nurse which way do I hold? She said she didn’t know because she was a man. Another gave me a detailed How To.

Surgery on Wed, Friday I finally asked to be washed up. Got one Saturday, I guess it was not on my schedule.

Learning the skills and attitude makes a world of difference.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,043 Member
    Options
    Looks like the chicken was a leg (dark meat, NOT zero SPs) and with skin. VA trying to kill you???
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,986 Member
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp Get well! I gotta admit for hospital food it at least looks pretty good. You take care of yourself and keep us posted.

SW 400.8
    CW 344.4 🙁 + 1.2 lbs
    1st 340.0 Goal
    2nd 300.0 Goal
    Final GW 185.0

56.4 lbs Total Loss
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    You better get outta there before they do you in, @Jimb376mfp ! Hope you're doing much better by now and that the surgery is entirely successful!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Options
    In a facility Rehab for a week to get PT/OT to recovery. Hope to get home soon. @minimyzeme

Better each day.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,986 Member
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp hope today is a better day for your Jim. Hang in there and get well.