Almost a month long binge

Molissa08
Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
Hello, I rarely post on the boards, but I've been on a really crazy binge. For the month of October I haven't been able to go a full week, not even a few days really, without crazy binges. We're talking like 7,000 calories in a day. I've already gained a few pounds and feel desperate to get control of it but I can't seem to stop.

Has anyone had times like this? what worked for you?

Replies

• Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    Forcing myself to start logging every single thing (honestly) during a binge (or writing it all down and logging it later) has helped me reign it in. Hard to do sometimes. Somehow me actually seeing it in writing triggers something in my brain. One time I logged around 10,000 calories in one day. Yikes. Don't know if you are logging or not. Just sharing what works for me.
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Thank you! I actually have started logging but that hasn't deterred me -- even with eating 8,000 calories in a day. The scale says I gained about 10 lbs in a month, which I think finally scared me. I'm really trying to end it starting today.
  • Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    You can do this girl!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    I've been the same. Let's change that around in November! :smile:
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    I arrived at my dad's place in September. For the first month or so I was keeping within my calorie limits but when I started gaining weight, I gave up. My calorie intake can often reach 6000 in a day. This is mainly from dried fruit, bread and cakes that I bake. All this without dairy, gluten, wheat, preservatives or emulsifiers. I have an ice cream as a treat once per week.

The sugar, the baking, the gluten free products and all the dried fruit that my dad buys (raisins are delicious but add up so quickly) don't help matters.