November Challenge

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
The November challenge is coming up soon. Who's in?

My goals:
1) Maintain reasonable weight gain
2) Nap
3) Destress
4) Exercise - look into pelvic floor exercises especially...
5) Clean house and make freezer meals

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm in!

I'll be back with my goals though because I'm still coming up with a plan of action for November in hopes of making this month different than all the others. haha.

@VeryKatie I follow an instagram page, the woman is 38 weeks pregnant and she has a few videos up showing her doing TVA and pelvic floor exercises. It's really a sight to see (especially the side view) and brings new meaning to "hugging the baby". She explains how she does it in the comments of the most recent post. arizonamegan on instagram. She also has a lot of workout videos including ones that are pregnancy safe. She used to be a professional ballerina and is now a Pilates instructor.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Thanks for the tips on the instagram person. Is it possible to see her stuff without having instagram do you know?

The November spreadsheet is ready for signing up everyone!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176VoQo1O354WMX5V56uvjDdxFLFOC_gw_NEmArQ0-FY/edit?usp=sharing
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Yes, her instagram is public. I don't have an Instagram so the only thing I haven't been able to see is the stories.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm off to a bad start, but oh well....

Goals for the month for me:
    1) Actually log my food every day - ummm I guess better go back and finish yesterday
    2) Stay within calorie goal 6 days a week and within maintenance on 7th day
    3) Lift weights 3 times per week
    4) Walk at least 6000 steps every day

November events which have the potential to affect my goals/test my commitment:
    1) My birthday, Nov. 12
    2) Work trip out of town for 3, Nov. 14-16
    3) Thanksgiving out of town, Nov. 17-24

Non-weight/health related goals for October:
    1) Finish making the ornaments for my advent calendar
    2) Buy Christmas presents
    3) Back up all the pictures and videos on phone and ipad
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey hey, awesome goals, ladies.
    I started off November at 175. I'm at 174.2 about halfway through. My goals:
    1) Lose 2 lbs.
    2) Shrink the tummy.
    3) Walk.
    4) Put in 50 hours a month at work instead of 40.
    5) Stick to my budget with my new shrunken maternity pay. (Already blown. Boooo.)
    6) Emotional stability! Fight those hormones!
    7) Get out of the house to spend time with friends. And go on a freakin' baby-free date with my husband.

The good news is that I'm already down 1 belt size in November. I've also packed up all the 3rd trimester clothes. I'm working my way backwards through 2nd trimester pants. October--I stopped wearing sweatpants and maternity pants every day. November--I've increased the pairs of jeans I can wear from 1 pair to 3 pairs. I have 1 pair of nonstretchy dress pants I squeeze into with a button extender. Last month, I couldn't get them on at all. I wanna get rid of the extender by the end of the month. :triumph: And I got out of the house Sunday afternoon with the girls for a late lunch at a winery. I had a peach sangria that just about knocked me for a loop but was soooo delicious! I hadn't had anything like that in such a loooong time.

Good luck, everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Well I was coming here to update on my goals but then realized that I never actually came back to give them. Suffice to say that this month wasn't different than any of the others.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Well I was coming here to update on my goals but then realized that I never actually came back to give them. Suffice to say that this month wasn't different than any of the others.

I know what you mean Kayla. I haven't even remotely touched my goals this month.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Haha I'm in the same boat. I havent tracked calories since nov 2... oh well... I should try to eat more veggies at least... this baby in me is gonna only eat cookies if I continue on this way.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone haha
This discussion has been closed.