Weekly Post 12/11/2018 - 18/11/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,975 Member
Good morning everybody!

Happy Monday! Fresh week now in full effect!

Have to make this just a short post. Need to come back a little later.

See you soon!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks Meghan... love when you start us off fresh with a new week...

I’ve had a lot more walking done these past few days with my new coat and my new runners! However my fasting non existent. Better try harder this week because I KNOW I feel better for it!!

Anyone have a good recipe for spicy lentil soup? Had some at a restaurant today and it was so delicious!! Tomorrow I’ll check out Pinterest and a few websites.

Hope everyone has a successful week! Sending positive vibes for anyone fasting tomorrow! (Which should be ME!)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone! Great start to the week for me so far...
    Yesterday....ql57f3b7n5yk.jpeg

And so far today and today is a fast day....

a7bjbva96ipm.jpeg

I also found this great tasting tea...
    e35qv8plqb4b.jpeg

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Sorry for my brief start and post yesterday!

I finally was able to take a few minutes to fully read through the article you posted @flossyruby1. Thank you for that! Even though I am not following WW, I definitely find it helpful. Some of those recipes sounded really nice too. Thanks again!

Hi @mamainthekitchen and @snaps27. That tea sounds awesome!
    Yes, I may have a spicy lentil soup I can pass along! I love lentils. Yummmmmm...

Yesterday went well. Met my calorie goal and got to the gym. Planning same for today.

Thanks for your kind words about finding my mojo again. Yes, I need to look back at where I was and where I came from (200+ lbs) when I start feeling crappy...

Going to have a coffee and grab some water and start the day. Have a good one and chat soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Wow snaps!!! You’re doing awesome! After I finish unloading the dishwasher I’m heading out for a nice walk!!!

Plan on watching my macros today... not sure how all that works but I’m going to log and see what I learn today, although hoping for a successful fast today

Keep up the great work people!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. My second fastday for this week ( I try to get them out of the way fast). If @Meghan509 or @mamainthekitchen finds that recipe I may try it as well. My family aren't keen on lentins, but I'll make it for them by cooking a favourite another day
  • Meghan509
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good morning fasting friends!

How are we doing today?! I am not feeling my best at the moment. My back is really tight and sore. This weekend we are going to flip the mattress around and see if that is the reason why I have been in pain. If not, might be time to make a doctor's appointment sigh...

Last night I got to the gym after work. Same plan for today. Will be eating around 1500 or a little less today. Possibly same for tomorrow. We are expecting some snow and slush tomorrow afternoon / evening so there is a chance I will need to pass on the gym. If that is the case then I will aim for lower calories tomorrow.

Yes, I was looking around for lentil recipes but nothing spicy jumped out at me. Let me share my favorite food blogger's site and then you can do a search for lentils to see what tickles your fancy. See link below. There is so much to pick from, depending on what you like. I made her lentil and sausage stew recently with chicken sausage. So good!!

https://www.budgetbytes.com then do a search for lentils. Yummy!!! Enjoy...

Hope you guys are well. Going to start my water drinking. Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,532 Member
    Options
    Well, today one child has strep, one texted me desperately to see if his school binder was at home, the cat is sick, my husband was drowning in work, so he couldn't help, I got to work at 11:30 and it was chaos, and I have homework tonight. BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS... I had a GREAT fast today because I was just too darn busy to ever eat anything!!! And there is nothing wrong with the dog or the fish, so they get to stay. LOL Also, can I just say how much I LOVE the clinics in Walgreens's? (thanks for the vent)

@Meghan509 I hope you make it to the gym and the weather isn't too bad. I think we are supposed to get another round this weekend. I have never tried lentils, but they have always intrigued me. Might give them a try.

@rikkejohnsenrij I hope your fast went well today!

@mamainthekitchen I hope your fast went well. Did you learn anything interesting from your macros?

@snaps27 That is an impressive number of steps! You go, girl!!

Ok, off to go give the second round of antibiotics and get my work done. Happy fasting!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Sending hugs @KateNkognito! Yesterday sounded like a crazy day! Glad you ate well! Not easy when stress hits! Are you expecting snow too?

Thanks! Snow is supposed to start here after lunch and go through the evening. We are due to get two to four inches give or take in our area. Probably won't get to the gym but that's okay. Best to be safe.

Any of my US peeps have any nice plans for Thanksgiving next week? We have been invited to a friend's house. They hosted us last year too. I still need to find out what we are bringing. Probably some sides and a dessert. We shall see! Looking forward to a break. I am working Monday and then taking the rest of the week off. :)

Have a nice one all. See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks Kate, but I blew my fast! But today I’m already successful... motivated and have already prepared some goodies for today. Not sure how this macro stuff is working yet I suppose youve got to log religiously first!!! :s

@flossyruby1 congrats on your loss this week!! Woohoo!!

@rikkejohnsenrij I’ve found dozens of lentil soups and may combine a few recipients for my tastes.. think I’m wanting more of a beef broth but no meat.. spicy and I’ll purée part of it to make it thicker and I’ll add a few black beans and other veg... hoping for a hearty spicy soup! I make a lentil salad that I just made up: rinsed a tin of red lentils and drained, added 1/2 cup each of diced red & green peppers, white onion then tossed with bottled salad dressing, either balsamic or Italian... chill & serve! Sometimes I add some dried chipotle peppers and lime juice! This is a side dish for any kind of chicken I grill!!

Meghan, thanks for the recipe blog site. I’ll check that out. There are soo many of these bloggers now! You can literally spend an entire day on the computer! Hope your back pain is better and good luck with the snow!! Omg snow already!?!?!!! I’ve yet to plant my daffodil bulbs!! I better get on that!!

Have a great day people
    Oh and....
    Also, I agree with the motivation factor on eating back exercise calories. I usually do not eat them back, and the 5:2 way is to allow your digestion take the rest at only 500/600 cals, so eating back is counterintuitive really. But when there’s a wine glass in front of me and the daughter is in full annoying mood, rules go out the window!

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA but as Willie Nelson says you were always on my mind. :D

Second fast day this week. Been falling off the wagon a bit as I have been dealing with a lot of stressful things. Weird how I use the fridge to fix them. :s This week has gone much better. I am on my second fast day and doing as well as can be expected. Looking forward to next week. The kiddo will be off of school and it is my fave holiday, Thanksgiving! Great food and no pressure to buy gifts. Doesn't get better than that! Love Christmas but the expectations can get to me. Don't have any plans yet but have been invited to two places so I am sure it will be good whatever we decide. Love to cook so this is my week. :D

@mamainthekitchen - I am the soup lady! This is one of our favorite lentil soups: https://cookieandkate.com/2015/vegan-lentil-soup-recipe/ In any case, hope you find what you are looking for.

@KateNkognito - Oh my! You are having a familial meltdown! Hope your day is better tomorrow and prayers for your little one. Hope s/he recovers from the dreaded strep throat quickly. Remember to wash hands frequently so you are not the next to get it.

Hope to be back tomorrow after the weigh-in. Take care. You are more important than your scale.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! Today was less... interesting, but it was still busy! I am really looking forward to tomorrow after 4 pm. We have ALL of next week off! I am looking forward to being able to get everything done! It will take some stress off. Plus the semester for university is almost over, so that will be a relief. I will have almost a month off of that and two weeks of that will be off work, too. One more year and I will be a fully certified teacher. I hope to get a job as one for next fall. :smile:
    @Meghan509 No snow, just a cold front. :smile:
    @mamainthekitchen I hope you did well today!
    @jknight001 Thanksgiving is my favorite for the same reasons. You get to be thankful and there are mashed potatoes AND gravy!
    Off to medicate the kid, he is feeling much better. :smile:
    Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

I survived the snow we had. Basically the weather people seriously messed up! The snow was coming down very heavy and it was slippery and icy. Tons of accidents, spin outs, and people abandoning their cars. I live close to my work and I have an SUV but it still took me an hour and twenty minutes to go eight miles! I have two other people I work with, one in NY and one in NJ and it took them five hours each to get home! Just was glad to be safe and out of harms way even if it took a while and was hard to see at times.

Thanks for the recipe @jknight001 I am pretty sure I am going to make that for next week!

I also like Thanksgiving and not just because of all the yummy food! Yes, agree that Christmas can get blown out of proportion and stuff. We keep it light at Christmas with my family and I am grateful for that.

Pretty much stuck to my calories for the week and hit the gym a few times. All in all not bad. Planning pretty much the same next week aside from Thursday.

I am going to sign off now. Got to get some stuff done. See you all soon!
  • jknight001
    Options
    @meghan509- Wow! What crazy weather you all are having. Glad you get some time off from having to go to work this weekend while the snowplows dig you out. If you do make the soup, would love to know what you think if it.

Had a decent week too as I was able to stick to 5:2. All bets off next week, though. If I can make it to the gym, I will consider the week a success B)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends. May you enjoy it with those that love you. We have so much to be thankful for.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! Had a nice weigh in. I got a big bit of work done yesterday. Today I am going to clean my room, the kitchen, and go grocery shopping. I know, I know, you all are SO jealous of my wildly exciting life! LOL Have a great Sunday!
  • jknight001
    Options
    @KateNkognito - LOL Not surprised but awed at your disciplined lifestyle.