Going clean eating and looking for friends to share

Options
Hello. My name is Jennifer and I am no stranger to dieting. I mean every diet out there! So, with that being said, it should be no surprise that I still "diet" today. Or as most would like to call it, doing a "lifestyle change." I am in a group on facebook that they are doing a 30 day clean eating challenge (they do these every month I believe) so I decided to get back to my old MyfitnessPal account, find some friends, and get this thing started! I am looking for friends. I am quite the introvert so I am really reaching out here. I need encouragement and constructive criticism to direct me and keep me going on the right path in this because doing it all alone I tend to sneak a snack or fall off the wagon all together. Plus I feel as though pumping others up is a great thing to. So, if you all could use an extra friend please add me!! Have a great day!!!

Replies

• TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer!

I used to be great at eating clean, but I lost my way for a while.

I'm ready to get healthy again and could use a little support myself.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer! I eat clean (mostly paleo) most of the time, with allowances for things like eating out. Which doesn't happen often, but it's nice to have the freedom. :smile: You can add me if you like!
  • jackieselover
    jackieselover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! I'm new to clean eating also....I'm hoping to find some great tips and good recipes to incorporate into my daily routine.
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer and everyone else! Please feel free to add me. I am trying to eat as cleanly as possible but do have some slip ups! I’m vegetarian transitioning into a vegan. Good luck to you all!
  • Ravenskie2018
    Ravenskie2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer and everyone, I've been into clean eating for 6 months now. I'm a vegetarian and I also cook vegan food at times as well. Feel free to add me as a friend ;) and ask any questions you have. I just started seeing a dietitian, so I could always bring questions to her and back to you if you'd like as well. :) Have a great day everyone!!
  • charlottecushman
    Options
    Hey Jennifer - I am also looking to start eating clean as I try to lose the last 25 lbs. I struggle with sugar mostly and having time to prep things. Thanks for starting this group!
  • debkasper1
    debkasper1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Deb. 5 foot tall and 180 now. I've lost 70 pounds in the last 5 months with Keto and Intermittent fasting!
  • metmysoulmate08081999
    Options
    Hey Jennifer - I am also looking to start eating clean as I try to lose the last 25 lbs. I struggle with sugar mostly and having time to prep things. Thanks for starting this group!

I don’t know how to add people. Help?
  • metmysoulmate08081999
    Options
    TBrownCVT wrote: »
    Hi Jennifer!

Not sure how to add. Help?
  • metmysoulmate08081999
    Options
    Hi Jennifer and everyone, I've been into clean eating for 6 months now. I'm a vegetarian and I also cook vegan food at times as well. Feel free to add me as a friend ;) and ask any questions you have. I just started seeing a dietitian, so I could always bring questions to her and back to you if you'd like as well. :) Have a great day everyone!!

Not sure how to add. Help?
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    hey Jennifer & everyone else :)

I lost 76lbs in 12 months eating clean 6/7 days with a 'cheat' day. Stalled a little due to hoildays and flu but back in the zone now. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to share food choices
  • sylvia270
    sylvia270 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean. I have some bad habits also. They creep in at times and derail me. We can support each other.
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    TBrownCVT wrote: »
    Hi Jennifer!

I'm there with you! I miss how good I felt when I was eating mostly clean, living my best life! I need some extra encouragement and some ways to get more clean protein without a ton of calories.
    Looking forward to this group and please add me as a friend! Anyone interested in eating clean, we can do this!
  • sylvia270
    Options
    I think it helps to plan how we are going to handle the holiday season. There is food being handed out at work, get togethers, parties and the holiday meals. In addition to the holiday festivities, my family has several birthdays to celebrate in November. If we have a reasonable and doable plan then it may help us not get entirely thrown off. Sometimes my plan is I can eat something unhealthy 2 days a week. When I have used my 2 days up I tell myself you can have it next week or another day. Freeze it if necessary to delay gratification. Sometimes I do not make it back to that frozen item until several months later. It helped me through the moment though.
  • smith5250
    smith5250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I try most days to eat plant based but not always. When I eat more processed foods my weight creeps back up. If it is okay, I’ll add some of you as friends for motivation. I’m mainly on maintenance. I’m short so I stay between 110 and 120. At my highest weight, I was 155. I’m in my 40s so when my weight is lower I have less issues with cholesterol and blood pressure.
  • sylvia270
    Options
    SmIth5250 I am trying to go more plant based also. I am not vegan or vegetarian but most days I don't eat meat. For health reasons I think it is better that way. Support is helpful.
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, I am looking for female friends only. I just started here. 51 yo, 200 pounds, 5 feet tall and trying to get to 140.
  • pamjoliver56
    pamjoliver56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to add a friend.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @pamjoliver56, not sure there's an easier way, but I click on the user name, then when the window pops up, click on the user name again, then hit add friend. Hope this helps.
  • egill0607
    egill0607 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to participate. I'm mostly eating clean as I see a functional medicine doctor for ongoing health issues. I will add you now. Anyone else -- feel free to add me too