Top 5 Myths about Meditation

Options
MyEvolvingJourney
MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
edited October 2018 in Social Groups
For a while, I've been out of the habit of meditating. It really helps with stress management, so I think I need to pick it up again! I think that stress relief is an important part of not just a paleo lifestyle but just a healthy lifestyle in general.
https://chriskresser.com/the-top-5-myths-about-meditation/
In this article by Chris Kresser, he talks about the top 5 myths about meditation. I hope you guys find it helpful!
I totally agree with myth 4! I never sit cross legged for meditation. I just about always lay down because for me, that's more comfortable!

Replies

• eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Headspace meditations for a few years now, but have dipped in and out over that time. I do actually sit cross legged, now, but that's 1) on a cushion and 2) because I've been trying to sit on the floor more to develop flexibility. I couldn't have done it to start with, though! I definitely feel better for it.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the article! I usually meditate for about 15mins a day, mostly focusing on aligning my chakras, so it's good to know that I don't have to sit in the space longer. I meditate in a sitting position on a chair or the bed. If I lay down, I will be asleep in about a min :D