Weekend Bling Report

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Terrific. You had great weather for it.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    My hamstring blew up on the warmup, so I took a DNS for the 5th and final race of the Pete Glavin Upstate NY XC series. But I was part of the men's supervet (60+) team that finished second in the series, so for the first time I got some bling after a race that I didn't run:
    80kh5astwxcw.jpg
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I did the Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa, OK on Sun. with The Center of the Universe detour, giving me an extra coin and making it the World's Shortest Ultramarathon at 26.5 miles officially.

The last 6.5 miles were brutal with hills and some serious wind (there was lots of wind for most of the course)... my splits prove it:
    9da4576336455117e78cc9f29a9355a4.png

Images from the course and after the finish:
    7vd1e152lqz1.jpg
    zq45q662ahew.jpg
    Yes, I did take off the rain/wind jacket around mile 3 and put it back on around mile 22.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Here's my finishers' bling from my 5k turkey trot at the weekend. I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not starting nearer the front and getting stuck behind slower runners and walkers. All my own fault, and probably cost me a 3rd place age-group finish. (I ended up finishing 5th). But it was a fun race and all the kids who'd run the 1 mile dash were at the finish line giving out the medals and plenty of high-fives.

9s9u1oj8xfts.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    Recovering from a strained hamstring. Doctor's orders were to run the 10K Race with Grace easy today, be prepared to walk if the hamstring complains. I was thinking maybe a pace of 8:30 per mile; but it was 12º F (-11º C) and it became a game of try to run fast enough to stay warm, but not so hard as to irritate the hamstring. After a couple miles, the hamstring warmed up and let me pick it up a little, but I was still careful to not go much faster than marathon pace. Ended up running my slowest 10K ever, 47:49; but each mile split was faster than the previous one. The only thing I didn't have was a real finish line kick; the hamstring didn't like that idea.

I was shocked to finish second in my age group. I knew there was one guy who would take 1st Senior (60+) and not count for the age group; but I thought that out of over 30 guys, there should be more than one other who was faster than my easy/MP effort.
    t8by2bgrakxx.jpg
    ipfnay8g3fw8.jpg
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited November 2018
    I ran the Newport Turkey Trot 10k in 51:43. I purposely held back and treated this as a training run (at least until the last mile :D ). I didn't stick around after since I had to get home and cook but apparently I finished 2nd in my age group. I wasn't expecting (nor trying) that.

96fak7knop3z.jpg
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Competed the Atlanta Track Club's Triple Peach Challenge yesterday by running the Thanksgiving Half-marathon. Started out chilly, ended up nice weather. Challenging course, mostly downhill start then over two miles of straight climb just post the half way point then rolling hills to finish. I felt severely under-trained on mile 12, which I expected, then told myself to just stop being a (expletive deleted) and pushed to the end for a 1:42:37 finish. 561st out of 5751 finishers, I'll take it.
    cjqjc7334upl.jpeg
    rct7om9uc7lv.jpeg
    xqwsaasjm35c.jpeg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    I finished the Run for Pie in 57:23. My first under 1 hour 10k!

i would totally run for pie :laugh:
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    I finished the Run for Pie in 57:23. My first under 1 hour 10k!

i would totally run for pie :laugh:

There were mini pumpkin pies at the finish line. No pictures because I inhaled that pie in two bites.
  • MobyCarp
    Hearnish 5-mile (actually about 4.9 miles) this morning. Low key, no bling, all-uphill mile 2. A fun route to run when it's 14° F with perhaps 8-10 mph wind. Finished in 32:28, indicating I would not have finished under 33 minutes for an honest 5 mile distance. That was good for 10th of 129 overall, 1st of 9 in the M 60-64 age group.

This was the 4th of 6 races in the Freezeroo series. I am now leading my age group in the series, which is scored by a complicated points system using the best 4 results. The actual point lead doesn't mean anything; but there are only 2 guys who can mathematically pass my point total. Each of them would have to average more per race in the final 2 races than anyone over 60 has scored in any of the first 4 races. So it's looking pretty good for me in the series. This is mostly pride; the actual age group award is less cash than the cost of the series entry.
  • MobyCarp
    No bling from yesterday's race, but yesterday evening there was the Greater Rochester Track Club awards banquet. Bling was awarded for 2018 running activities: Pint glass for running at least 6 of the 12 Rochester Runner of the Year races, mug for finishing in the top 5 of my age group in the RROY series, shirt for winning my age group in the series, milestone patch for running at least 200 miles of races in 2018. The patches come in the 50 mile, 100 mile, 200 mile, and 300 mile levels; this is the first year I've got a 200 mile patch, and I won't be challenging for 300 miles of races in a year any time soon.
    snlm3nrrj6t0.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @MobyCarp - Nice going. I can't even imagine what your award collection looks like!
  • MobyCarp
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @MobyCarp - Nice going. I can't even imagine what your award collection looks like!

Mostly, it looks like some Amazon shipping boxes with sharpie notes on the sides that say things like, "2017 medals." I keep the marathon medals and the current year non-marathon medals on medal racks in the living room.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I spent Saturday morning running the Frosty Fat Sass trail race in Orange County, New Jersey. I AM NOT a trail runner so I was just kinda winging it. I managed to fall on the ice and slam my back within the first 2 miles but luckily only tripped one more time during the race. Today my neck is sore from the fall and my knee is banged up from the 2nd fall. Other than that it was actually kinda fun. I may do it again.

Oh, yeah... It was also my 50th birthday on Friday. What a way to celebrate. :D
    37avsukp5itj.jpg
    qowfzylulbbe.jpg
    v4vez0lmmnfq.jpg