November 22 Sign In

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    https://thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/thanksgiving-day

The first official, annual Thanksgiving in Canada was celebrated on 6 November 1879, though Indigenous peoples in Canada have a history of celebrating the fall harvest that predates the arrival of European settlers. Sir Martin Frobisher and his crew are credited as the first Europeans to celebrate a Thanksgiving ceremony in North America, in 1578. They were followed by the inhabitants of New France under Samuel de Champlain in 1606. The celebration featuring the uniquely North American turkey, squash and pumpkin was introduced to Nova Scotia in the 1750s and became common across Canada by the 1870s.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 38 minutes on the mini-trampoline ... back to regular-length session.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes - pre-exercise even
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I also pre-planned tomorrow's meals including restaurant dinner out (WITH dessert!) and it will work!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    November 22
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    11/21
    Exercise - yes - walk and spin class
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes

11/22
    Exercise - yes - run/walk
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3! Exercised less than usual but controlled food during the day bcs was eating way more over dinner. All
    Worth it and can enjoy the holiday with friends.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My Big News!!
    I dipped below my Goal Weight on Thanksgiving!!! So thrilled ~ it was even s little emotional ... I guess I wasn’t sure I’d really get there after the past two months of broken arm, surgery, medical tests, and two weeks of smoke-filled skies. I persevered.

The night before, I entered my weights at dr appts since June 2010 into my weight tracking app... here is that graph.

Simply a miracle. 🙏🏻 and UAC has been a Huge Part of my Success.

crqu91b8hup2.png

Nov 22 Thanksgiving!
    Yes x 3
    Exercise: 77 mins 11,679 steps
    Calories: under 41
    Tracking: yes, a All
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Congratulations on reaching your goal!🎉
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!! This was a very planned pass day, but I didn't go crazy. I know i was over in calories but I actually was feeling hungry at the end of the night, which is a success in itself. B)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Congratulations on reaching your goal!🎉

Thank you @w8goal4life ❣️ You have been a huge inspiration to me!
    I’m so glad you had a pleasant- if chilly - Thanksgiving!!
    PS: I love your user name!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    My Big News!!
    I dipped below my Goal Weight on Thanksgiving!!! So thrilled ~ it was even s little emotional ... I guess I wasn’t sure I’d really get there after the past two months of broken arm, surgery, medical tests, and two weeks of smoke-filled skies. I persevered.

The night before, I entered my weights at dr appts since June 2010 into my weight tracking app... here is that graph.

crqu91b8hup2.png

Nov 22 Thanksgiving!
    Yes x 3
    Exercise: 77 mins 11,679 steps
    Calories: under 41
    Tracking: yes, a All

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great avcomplishment. You should be proud of you self :smile:

I will be very interested to follow your journey into maintenance. I should reach goal in the next 6 weeks or so (hopefully) and not quite sure how to.progress from there.
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    November 22

Exercise-yes
    Calories-I don’t know
    Tracked-no
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I will be very interested to follow your journey into maintenance. I should reach goal in the next 6 weeks or so (hopefully) and not quite sure how to.progress from there.

I'll be taking notes too; I am also getting close to when I will make a maintenance-zone choice. I am guessing that if I stay on the track I am now, that will happen ~January or February.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I am so very pleased you are in maintenance...
    sboliglbzcro.png
    ...and also that @jan110144 and @BMcC9 are soon to join us in maintenance. It is great to have others on board and participating in UAC who recognize that the goal achieved is not "the end."

I will be curious if you find maintenance requires the same diligence as losing. I find that weight is not static and my nutrition plan (notice I did not use the word "diet" which in my book is no better than any other 4 letter word) and various components thereof require continual modest adjustments - sometimes daily (i.e. calories up, calories down, exercise up, exercise down, water up, water down) to maintain a healthy balance. Tracking/logging seems to be a given for continued success, at least for me. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    sboliglbzcro.png
    ...and also that @jan110144 and @BMcC9 are soon to join us in maintenance. It is great to have others on board and participating in UAC who recognize that the goal achieved is not "the end."

I will be curious if you find maintenance requires the same diligence as losing. I find that weight is not static and my nutrition plan (notice I did not use the word "diet" which in my book is no better than any other 4 letter word) and various components thereof require continual modest adjustments - sometimes daily (i.e. calories up, calories down, exercise up, exercise down, water up, water down) to maintain a healthy balance. Tracking/logging seems to be a given for continued success, at least for me. :)

Thank you @w8goal4life! Yes, I believe Rock & Craig are both in maintenance, too.

I am curious too! I have tracked/logged all of my food for a long time now. I will never stop. I have an app that computes my daily deficit/surplus based on my Apple Watch & another app that logs to Apple Health.

Best,
  • victorious55
    Options
    November 22
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • victorious55
    Options
    My Big News!!

Wow O! Congratulations!

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I was just reading prior posts and discovered your amazing and wonderful news!! Hurrah for you!!
    I am inspired by you!
    Rick
  • victorious55
    edited November 2018
    Options
    sboliglbzcro.png

Thank you @w8goal4life! Yes, I believe Rock & Craig are both in maintenance, too.

I am curious too! I have tracked/logged all of my food for a long time now. I will never stop. I have an app that computes my daily deficit/surplus based on my Apple Watch & another app that logs to Apple Health.

Best,

I have been in maintenance for a over 8yrs. For me tracking, exercises, mindset that food is a fuel for my body. If I am kind to my body, it will serve me very well. I have no explanation, apology to anybody for the way I have chosen to take care my body (my earthly, precious, and superior car).
    @MadisonMolly2017 -
    1. Adjust your MFP settings to maintenance, continue tracking, exercises, etc., for the next few weeks and see how it affect your weight. Adjust as needed until you see you weight within the range set by you and your doctor.
    2. Surround yourself with like minded people. That is why I am in this group. UAC.
    3. Remind yourself that this is a life style. It is okay, there is nothing wrong with it. There is no recess after you have reach your goal. (I have known people who have sabotage their goal by not recognizing that this is a life style)
    4. Keep eating your healthy stuff, continue your good habits. People around will be influence by you.
    5. Continue in whatever habits got you to your goal. They will become second nature to you.
    6. Never beat yourself when you fall off the wagon. Get up, forgive yourself, and continue.
    7. Continue learning. I am always reading, etc.

Any other person with maintenance info? Please add to this list and let all learn. :smiley:

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @victorious55 Thank you so much for your wisdom and support!
    I appreciate you too!

Rick