Entering Net Carbs in MyFitnessPal --help.

Options
ez4utb
ez4utb Posts: 4 Member
Been using MyFitnessPal for little over a month just tracking calories and now want to jump on the Keto Train. How do I enter Net Carbs (assuming carbs are 20, dietary Fiber is 5) of 15? If I change a food item's carb number to reflect the net card figure it would create multiple database entries.

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Patsy

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    How, and if, you use net carbs is up to you. Same for using a custom food or not
  • JessinOnderland
    JessinOnderland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just note the actual “net carbs” in the food notes section at the bottom of my diary. So it will say something like:

31g of total carbs - 6.8g fiber = 24.2g net.

Works for me, I think
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ez4utb wrote: »
    Been using MyFitnessPal for little over a month just tracking calories and now want to jump on the Keto Train. How do I enter Net Carbs (assuming carbs are 20, dietary Fiber is 5) of 15? If I change a food item's carb number to reflect the net card figure it would create multiple database entries.

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Patsy

On /r/keto on the side bar there's a MFP tampermonkey script that adds net carbs to my table. I generally use that for my reference.

https://old.reddit.com/r/keto/

Git link: https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

Obviously this won't work/show on the app, but for desktop it's just fine.
  • suzskis
    suzskis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For foods I eat frequently, I've created my own entry and simply include the net carbs instead of total carbs in that section.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    PLEASE add the phrase NET CARBS after your entry so others will know that you have personalized the entry.
    Just yesterday I selected an entry that I didn't know was net carbs. It threw off the tamper monkey net carbs script.
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just call a carb, a carb.
    Feels like I'm trying to cheat by only looking at the net.
    ;)
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I have to enter an item or create one, I am marking beside the item (net carbs) and I adjust the carb area to reflect net carbs. When I then select the item I can see it is a net carb item by the brackets beside it.