Calories VS points

gwendyprism
gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
I originally lost 50 lbs counting calories with a small group of friends. Then I moved to another state and started slowly gaining. Knew I had to do something so joined WW. It's been a couple years and I've lost back what I'd gained and maybe 5 lbs more, but mostly I've been maintaining at WW (tho I still have 30 to 40 left to lose.)

I've decided to go back to MFP and calories (1200-1300) while going to WW for great support. For me I think calories are a more accurate picture of what I'm eating. I can see where points are very useful for people who have little knowledge of good nutrition, but I know what I should be eating. I want to see the real stats not WW opinion of what I ate.

Replies

• meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Good Idea. The points don't give a realistic picture of what you're calorie consumption is on a daily basis because of all of the zero point foods they have now. I can use 11 pts and have 1500 or use 26 pts and have 1250. I have been a member of WW for years and regained my lifetime status back 9 yrs ago. I only still go to the meetings for accountability and as a lifetime member I don't pay otherwise I wouldn't go at all. Kudo's to you on your journey thus far.
  • reneew62
    reneew62 Posts: 13 Member
    I agree if you are eating your calories in real healthy food vs sugar free snacks and frozen meals. WW helped me see that not all calories are equal but appear you know that already
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    I joined MFP for about the same reason. Too easy to eat the 0SP foods, for me the high carb 0 point foods are my downfall. So I still go to meetings and, so far, double-tracking is working.
  • Barbaragloria
    Barbaragloria Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I am new to this group. I have tried WW off and on for years...I get bored or distracted. I just signed up again and am hoping the combination of WW and MFP will work for me. I am 65 years old and have got to lose 20 pounds plus increase my activity. Looking forward to being inspired. Thank you for letting me participate in this group.