Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Not 100% confident I can achieve ultimate accountability as I detest exercise; but this group sounds interesting. I am a senior in upper 60's. Originally, lost 40 pounds in 2011 using caloriecount.com (no longer available) for tracking; and actually was a bit too lean before I finally determined calories needed to maintain an ideal weight. I was so very disappointed when caloriecount was no longer available as I had put so much effort into personalizing it for my needs. Since initial loss from all time high, I re-gained 10 pounds over ideal weight and thought it best to start tracking, again, before weight became a serious issue, again. Have lost 4-5 pounds this month tracking with MFP, so I have only another 4-5 pounds to reach goal which will, hopefully, be in December. Perhaps the ultimate goal for me should be consistent tracking for maintenance. My personal best wishes are extended to everyone who has taken the initiative to participate and lead a healthier lifestyle. Kindest regards.
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am happy to find this challenge! The daily accountability is a great start to a healthier me.. now and not January 1 . Lets make the most of December!
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Naomi and I’m excited about this group. I’m pretty good at logging everything and being under my calories but not so good at exercising everyday. I’m going to do better in December. :)
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rachel. The previous post from Naomi described me for the Novembet challenge, but plan to do better and better.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well, I kind of lost the thread during November, but I'm going to try again in December! My goals are of course to meet the UAC requirements, but also to show some restraint during the holidays...
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Danielle. I am serial yo-yo dieter and I'm just sooo ready for consistency and getting back on track. I'm currently in my 3rd year of pharmacy school, which I always use as a crutch to why I can't focus on getting healthier, but I'm ready to cut the bull. My weight in the past 3 years has gone up and done from 160 to 140. I'd like to break into that 130 threshold and my ultimate goal weight is 125 by May 2018 (currently 158). So we'll see how this goes! One motivating factor is that my fiancé is also trying to lose weight with me :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to be in the winner's circle. Here's to consistent logging and regular exercise!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

It's my fifth month in this challenge, and I absolutely love it. Ive lost 21 lbs, so far, and have about 5-8 pounds to go.

I love, love, love exercise! However, my excessive food intake had been a problem for two years...and that, coupled with a knee injury and plantar fasciitis greatly contributed to my weight gain.

Luckily, my knee is healed, but my foot is still being obstinate. LOL!

This challenge has helped me get back on track with my choices and it has reinvigorated me. I'm not dieting, I am adopting a healthy lifestyle. So far, so good.

Welcome, all!!!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm back! I've been an on and off UACer for a year. This month I'm aiming to complete my food and exercise diary every day. When I do that, I lose weight, when I don't it goes wrong. I've been making excuses for myself lately (working mother of a one year old and doing a masters) but life is what it is and comes with challenges. There's no use just being able to make good choices when all is good. I need to make the best choices NOW regardless of the challenges faced. An extra treat here to keep me going cos the toddler was up in the night, a not so healthy quick meal there because an essay is due in the morning and missing exercise cos I'm tired from work won't help me. Starting tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow won't help me. Be here now. @trixsey1 and @Gus130 you are inspirational. Life has thrown far greater challenges at you than my little complaints and yet you both plough on. Thank you for being so amazing. And well done. Well done to everyone who's chosen the challenge and good luck to all.
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Michelle. I’m a wife, mom of two teens and a full time photographer. At 43, I have a lot of joint issues but if I stay fit, I can keep them at bay. I’m on my last 7 pounds that are going so horribly slow, but I’m still losing inches so that’s okay! This is my second month in this group and I will hopefully complete the month successfully again.
  • Lilsha08
    Lilsha08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am so glad I found this group. Everyone's stories are super interesting and inspiring!

A little bit about myself: I am 27 years old, currently working in my Masters and on the path to becoming a registered dietitian. As you can guess time is not always on my side. As both a personal trainer and aspiring dietitian I am tired of feeling like a fraud when I look at my body and/or my occasional eating habits. Monday's and Tuesday's are usually great for me habit-wise but Wednesdays thru Friday's are always a bust.

My long term goals are to workout 5 to 6 days a week, not only keep my caloric intake under goal but being mindful of what types of foods I'm eating more often than not, and to reduce body fat % by 10%. Good luck to everyone!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Kelsea, and I am a 26-year-old Physician Assistant student, working on receiving my Master's Degree. I have been busy with school, but many students use this as an excuse to eat unhealthy and quit exercising. I am working hard to maintain my healthy lifestyle while remaining successful in my studies.

I have been a member of UAC for over a year and have lost almost 50 lbs since my highest weight. My current goal is to maintain my weight and tone.

Good luck, everyone!!
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Belinda, I am 60 years old and the mom of three cats. After having my thyroid removed due to Papillary Thyroid Cancer in December and RA131 treatment in January (w/isolation until end of March) I started concentrating on weight loss and a healthier woe. For health reasons (diabetic, hypothyroidism, arthritis and migraines), my doctors agreed that I should go on the Keto woe. I have had a lot of success thus far: 75# and counting.

I joined this challenge for a final push through the end of the year and holidays to stay motivated for continued success. I would like to lose another 8-10# this month.

Here's to success for us all!
  • GlennEust
    GlennEust Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I’ve put my body through all sorts of hell before I was 40 and now at 42 I’m looking to get fitter. I started a month or so ago but find it hard to lose real kgs. I’m from Australia. So metric is my style. I lost my brother on the 25/10 and I’m dedicating this December to him. We share the 17th of December as our birthdays although we were 2 years apart. Big day coming up.
    Good luck to all those participating in next month and I hope we keep each other motivated!!
    Cheers