Motivation Page!

Options
Cannestra91
Cannestra91 Posts: 53 Member
Please feel free to post your keto stories or pictures here! Lets get the motivation going guys!

Story time: I finally committed to keto at the start of September 2018 with my all time highest weight of 184lbs! On my 5'3" frame this was waay too much! Here we are now October 31st 2018 and in that time frame I am down to 160lbs. I feel great with the change I have made and for the first time in a long time my aches and pains seem to be easing, I feel more energy and able to accomplish things I haven't been able to for a while! I am hoping once I hit at or around my goal of my prewedding weight of 124lbs I will be able to confidently share my before and after's with all you amazing people. Thanks for letting me bend your ear for a moment and remember, keep calm and keto on!

Replies

• Cannestra91
    Options
    Current NSV: wearing my pants which have been historically very tight and not having them dig into my belly all day leaving a lovely red mark. Additionally wearing my work shirt which is a small and used to be so tight everywhere and the material has no give what so ever and to finally wear it comfortably and the way it should feels amazing!! What's your NSV for the week??
  • Cannestra91
    Options
    Something emotionally gratifying to see the scale go into the next weight class, it may not be my first goal but it sure feels good to see! 150's here I am, 140's I am coming for you!
  • mommy81
    mommy81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
    I ate out at Cheesecake factory. Turns out we can keto there! I got the Tuscan chicken off the Skinnylicious menu but didnt eat the Farro.
  • mommy81
    Options
    Well, ignore the Cheesecake factory, or it could be eating too many hazelnuts... dont know, but just hopped on the scale this morning and have gained back a pound.
  • Cannestra91
    Options
    NSV wearing leggings or jeggings no longer have that weird pregnant looking bump from belly pudge that one inevitably gets from the nature of the tight fabric. I saw myself in the mirror it isn't completely flat but it doesn't look like I'm 2-3 months preggo anymore! :D
  • Cannestra91
    Options
    It's the holiday season guys!!! Lets show that love and support for all our ketoers heading into turkey day! Tips and tricks welcomed! I am throwing a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow for my family that will be keto friendly however tonight we will be hitting up my cousin's for some dinner and I am already planning on sticking to lots of turkey and green beans! No taters for this gal!! Keto on my friends!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Down two more pounds on Thanksgiving. Not about to ruin my progress
  • mommy81
    Options
    Lost a pound during the holiday! Yay!!
  • Cannestra91
    Options
    Ok guys! Put it off for two years and finally this past Monday I had my gallbladder taken out. I'm definitely not eating the calories I should due to poor appetite, but it is a work in progress 💪
  • mommy81
    Options
    Wishing you a quick recovery!
  • rachel_a_sanchez
    Options
    I couldn't figure out how to comment on this thread. I have a similar story with my gallbladder. I had an issue with my gallbladder two years ago. I thought it was appendicitis but turned out it was my gallbladder. I didn't have to do anything about it. Fast forward a year and 8 months later and just started keto in August 2018. Labor Day Weekend I got so ill; 9 hours straight of vomiting and pain. Worse than labor. I stuck it out and then made an appointment with my regular doctor two days later and then after an U/S made an appointment with the surgeon. Had my gallbladder removed 11/7. Procedure went well (though the next two days my abs were so sore and I didn't take the pain meds because I just wanted to tough it out). But yeah, the first few days I could hardly eat. By day 4 post-op I was pretty much back to normal and by day 8 post-op I got the OK to run from my surgeon and even ran a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot.

How are you doing on keto post gallbladder? I'm just getting back to it after almost a month off. I know I needed to heal before I could start doing it again and reintroduce foods as well. I just started lifting again. I feel like I lost my muscle from 4.5 weeks off.

Hope you're feeling better!
  • Cannestra91
    Options
    Hi Rachel! Actually this is week is my first true week back on keto since the surgery! I actually developed a post op infection somehow (not from the surgical site) and was septic for some time now I am 100% and jumping straight in! Just thankful to feel like me again :)