Late night thought

Options
lionessNV
lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
I feel like I’ve tried every diet in the book recently (kind of an exaggeration) and nothing works because I can’t sustain it.

I recently tried Keto, but I didn’t know how if I could keep it up long term and decided I just needed structure to my eating to keep me from overeating. I like SparkPeople because they have meal plans I can stick to long term. Well.. until this week. Even though I was eating a well rounded diet (50% carbs, 25%ish fats and protein 1500-1800 calories per day), my body felt like it was missing something. I ate homemade potato salad like there was no tomorrow, I had full fat cottage cheese like there was no tomorrow, and a host of other things that not in moderation can be bad for me. Icing on the cake, a whole Chipotle burrito bowl that made me feel better physically (I wasn’t feeling so weak and run down).

I actually stayed home (and felt guilty about it) from work today because of feeling week and run down. I’m starting to think that maybe I should try Keto again and give it a fair chance. My body seems to want more fats than anything else.

Just some night musings. I’d appreciate your thoughts, but only if they aren’t negative or patronizing/condescending. There’s enough of that in every day life and I feel this is a safe place to get my diet woes out. Please don’t prove me wrong.

Replies

• Danniibiggs
    Danniibiggs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I’ve been here 2 days how are you doing now ?
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m no expert and somewhat in the same boat but if I can offer some advise it would be to adjust your macros: up the protein and drop a bit from carbs (40P, 30C, 30F). Proteins will fill you up for longer and lowering the carbs a bit will remove some of the cravings. Do you drink enough water? And above all, which is something I need to work on, it’s the mind set. We are what we think. For me, I am addicted to food. I l-o-v-e food and it comforts, rewards and excites me. This is why I don’t think I could succeed if I cut everything out...now I “just” have to eat smaller portions lol. Hang in there. Life will pass you by as you try to figure it out. So take it one day at a time, tweak what doesn’t work and enjoy the journey!
  • thedaniel100
    thedaniel100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i strongly recommend to read STOP BINGING book