My C25K diary

kirstyfoy
kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
Hi All,

Looking for some friends who are at a similar stage of C25k as me. I've just completed week 1 and actually for someone who hasn't run since 2012 I thought it went ok.

Run 1 Sunday was around a squash court with my kids and husband playing ball games and intermittently joining in.

Distance 0.53 mile/0.85km
Av HR 99
Calories Burnt 257
Av Pace 56'43

Run 2 Tuesday was around my local park which is a 0.5 mile loop. It was dark and My dog kept scaring me by suddenly running past me.

Distance 1.73 miles/2.78km
Av HR 146
Calories Burnt 407
Av Pace 16'09

Run 3 was this evening around the block which is about 0.6 mile loop. It felt quite hard but my road is quite busy and there are gas works going on so I had to dodge these or keep crossing the road. However I was super happy when I saw I had upped my pace.

Distance 1.92miles/3.09km
Av HR 125
Calories Burnt 354
Av Pace 15'12

Please feel free to post your numbers and add me as a friend.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I can't make myself run lately.

Keep up the good work!
  • kirstyfoy
    @Just_Ceci Thank you! I'm hopefully getting my next run in tomorrow morning!
  • kirstyfoy
    Week 2 run 1. Firstly, I did it! Secondly, I did it in the rain! But... I forgot to set my Fitbit to run mode so no idea how far I actually went. I know I went round my park 3 and a quarter times and the walk to the park was included so roughly 1.75miles/2.8k. I knew it would be a shorter distance as I intentionally slowed my running down knowing i was running further. But I did it, I survived and now I'm home with a cup of tea I'm pretty confident I could do it again!

Av HR 152
    Cals Burnt 309
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    @kirstyfoy I'm just getting started again after a hip injury in May. I had my first "run" this morning. Distance was 2.15 miles, burned about 211 calories and it was cold. I run the morning before my two kids under two get up, while my husband is getting showered. I'm so excited to get back to running! Add me as a friend and I'd love to compare notes as time goes on.
    Have you signed up for a 5k run or anything yet to keep you motivated?
  • kirstyfoy
    edited December 2018
    Hi @amgreenwell Oh I have 2 under 3 so I know the struggle. Unfortunately my husband leaves for work at 6.45 so I'm not prepared to get up any earlier lol! Yes I've signed up for an inflatable 5k next April which is why I've started the running! I've actually been doing more weights in the last year than cardio but my weight has plateaud so hoping a bit of cardio might shift it although went on a boditrax machine yesterday and my fat mass has decreased and muscle mass increased by 2.6kg
  • kirstyfoy
    Ok so run 2 of week 2 complete. It's raining again, I think I chose the wrong time of year to start running 🤣 Although the cool drizzle did help keep me cool, however I think the temp burnt my throat a bit. Anyone else get that running in the cold?

I think I set off a but fast on my first run, that or the cold temp got to me. However still finding it ok. Almost enjoyable!

Here's the stats

Distance 1.96miles/ 3.15km
    Av HR 133
    Calories Burnt 390
    Av Pace 15' 18

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kirstyfoy wrote: »
    Ok so run 2 of week 2 complete. It's raining again, I think I chose the wrong time of year to start running 🤣 Although the cool drizzle did help keep me cool, however I think the temp burnt my throat a bit. Anyone else get that running in the cold?

I think I set off a but fast on my first run, that or the cold temp got to me. However still finding it ok. Almost enjoyable!

Here's the stats

Distance 1.96miles/ 3.15km
    Av HR 133
    Calories Burnt 390
    Av Pace 15' 18

Running when it's very cold sometimes gives me a tight chest. It goes away after a couple of hours when I'm back in the warm!
  • kirstyfoy
    Thanks @TavistockToad I think that's it x
  • kirstyfoy
    We'll that's it! Week 2 complete. 6 runs! I haven't run in 6 years and now in 2 weeks I've done 6 runs.

Well the GPS seems to have failed (I did actually run the whole way around the park 3 times) so I'm not sure whether or not to believe my distance as I really feel like I went for it with the runs. Maybe that meant my walks were slower?

So I've come home with a little twinge in the right side of my lower back. But nothing major.

So stats
    🏁Distance 1.79miles/2.88km
    🔥Calories Burnt 392
    🏃‍♀️Av Pace 16'47
    💖 Av Heart Rate 129

Here's to Saturday and the start of Week 3!3mri27n01ttc.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    Another day, another run! Week 3 Run 1. Another run fail in that I forgot to turn my GPS on for the first 8 minutes (will add 0.3m on for this)🙄. So was a little worried about the jump from 90 secs to 3 minutes, but despite a flustered start trying to cancel calls from my mum, the run was almost effortless. I ran from one corner of the park to the opposite in that time.

So the shakey stats
    🏁Distance 1.72m/2.77k
    🔥Calories 288
    🏃‍♀️Av Pace 17'26
    💖 Av HR 133 gzg2l9a5iffh.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    Week 3 Run 2! Despite having a stomach bug 🤢 yesterday I still managed to get out this evening for a run!
    Think I need to stop walking to and from the park with mum and the dogs 🐶🐶 (even though they're my protection in the park) as it's making my brisk warm up and cool down not so brisk 🤣 ⏱ 90 seconds runs felt fast and easy. 3 minute runs were ok 😊

Once again forgot to start my Fitbit at the start of the session 🙄

🏁1.51miles/2.43k
    🔥295
    🏃‍♀️16'01
    💖125

xwpd42nwx3kt.jpg
  • amgreenwell
    @kirstyfoy I'm so excited for you. It has been raining nonstop here and I've got other excuses but I'm just basically starting over. I'm on day three of week 1 STILL!!! I'll finish week 1 tomorrow then get back on to my every other day running pattern. Weather or no I've got to get back to it. I've signed up for a 5k which takes place in less than 8 weeks so I want to be prepared and NOT be a total no-show when the time comes. Thanks for keeping me motivated!!
  • fionamaryan
    fionamaryan Posts: 6 Member
    How are you feeling today? I am one day behind you - Week 3 Run 1 completed...Phew! So far I have only been using the treadmill, but a nice lady who sold me some lovely trainers yesterday said that some outdoor runs should also be done...
  • kirstyfoy
    @fionamaryan definitely get outdoors. I haven't done any in the treadmill yet! I think the time will come as its getting cold out there!

@amgreenwell well done for persevering! You're still going and that's what matters! Good luck with the 5k. I'm thinking about doing some park runs after I've finished the 9 weeks. My 5k isn't until April and it includes an inflatable obstacle course lol!
  • kirstyfoy
    You thought I'd given up didn't you?! Nope just been partying with my now 3 year old daughter🎂!

So that's it. Week 3 complete. 9 runs 🏃‍♀️ under my belt! Tonight 🌘🌙🌚 felt hard, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I've had 2 rest days instead of 1, or because I was ill 🤢 at the beginning of the week I haven't been to the gym or lifted any weights 🏋️‍♀️ at home. Maybe it's because once again I was running in the frost❄, or that on the first run my phone fell out my pocket and on the second my keys fell out (must invest in an arm strap). Maybe it's the anticipation of a 5 minute run the next time I play this app 😮

Or maybe looking at my distance and pace ⏱ it's because the competitive side in me is coming out and pushing for further distances and faster runs???

Whatever of that LONG list of excuses, none of them stopped me. I didn't give up, and here I am still alive, sitting red faced and proud on my sofa🛋!

AND I remembered to start my Fitbit as I left the house 😁

Stats
    🏁1.71miles/2.75k
    🔥285
    🏃‍♀️15'02
    💖119
  • amgreenwell
    @kirstyfoy Good job!! I'm actually going to start over on week 1, day 1 this weekend. My 5k race is Feb. 9 so that gives me exactly 8 weeks to prepare. I'm so ready to get out there and do it and quit all these excuses. Running makes me feel incredible and I'm ready to feel that way again. Plus, I want my endurance back!

@fionamaryan DEFINITELY run outside. I started on the treadmill years ago and now I can't even fathom getting back on one. Outside is the way to go.
  • kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell I am so nervous about tomorrow's run. 5 minutes if running 😶
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kirstyfoy wrote: »
    @amgreenwell I am so nervous about tomorrow's run. 5 minutes if running 😶

You'll be fine, just go nice and steady
  • kirstyfoy
    @TavistockToad thank you 🤞🤞🤞
  • kirstyfoy
    Ok well somethings got to be wrong. I just got up at 6am on a Saturday so I could fit in a run😮. Home before the sun is even up🌘🌚🌛!

I DID IT! I ran solidly for 5 minutes🏃‍♀️, TWICE!!! I think the anticipation of this run has been the worst so far, and while I was running I was already worrying about the 20 minute run that is coming at the end of week 5. I really need to run in the moment. I didn't think I could do this one but I did it😁.

Not only did I do it but I ran the furthest I've gone so far. Even the dog🐶 was confused about how many laps of the park we were doing 🤣 Miss timed the brisk walk cool down so had to walk past my house and back again!

Stats
    🏁2.1miles/3.38km
    🔥423
    🏃‍♀️15'21
    💖132