Me vs the Binge -- December 2018 Challenge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2018:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• verathefitmom
    verathefitmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I would like to take part in this amazing challenge!

This last month was very bad for me and I know why- stress. I have a newborn baby (born in the beginning of November). I hurt for a while, I'm sleep-deprived and constantly stressed out because the little one screams a lot. Plus the weather is horrible and I only go outside for maybe 20 minutes or so a day. The rest of the time I'm at home taking care of the baby and doing chores. No me-time except tv and binge eating whenever she takes a little nap. Can't exercise yet (which usually takes my mind off of the eating urge) and can't meet my friends for a calm chat (another strategy of mine).

Me: 0
    The Binge: 1
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Dec. 2

Me: 2
    The B: 0
    DBF: 2

Good luck, @verathefitmom.

Thanks for starting the challenge again, @lamlam2013. Hope you’re doing well.
  • verathefitmom
    Options
    Dec 2nd

Me: 1

Yay! And thanks, Nevadaden! :smile:
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    December 2018
    DBF: 1
  • HealthyHappyMom37
    HealthyHappyMom37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
    B: 0
    DBF: 3

Woo hoo!
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Dec. 3

• verathefitmom
    Options
    December 3rd

Me: 2

Yesssss! It helps that my husband is home right now. Not alone with the baby anymore. :smile:
  • valleygirl74
    Options
    December 2018
    The B: 1
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby - and using the hubby to deflect thing binge, @verathefitmom

Waves to @Nevadaden @lamlam2013 @valleygirl74 @HealthyHappyMom37

Survived the move, attempting to finally set up my kitchen (Everything is night and day different from my old apartment, so my brain is overwhelmed!) so that I can stop eating out of boxes and the freezer and get back to the good fight!

HUGS all around!
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Dec. 5

Me: 5
    DBF: 5
  • valleygirl74
    Options
    December 2018

Hi KnitorMiss, congratulations on the move!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Now we've begun the next phase, the unpacking and praying you can find things phase!
  • Bonitababs
    Bonitababs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    December 6, 2018 *^.^*

The Binge - 1
  • paige0581
    paige0581 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dec 7
    Me: 4
    The Binge: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Dec 7

Me: 7*
    Binge: 0

DBF: 7
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Nice job, @lamlam2013. I had a decent streak going and lost it last night. But, picking myself up and moving on.

Dec. 7

Me: 6
    DBF: 0
  • verathefitmom
    Options
    DEC 8

The Binge: 5

It‘s not going well over here 😕 Any tips on how to avoid binging when you‘re stuck on the house with a crying baby? It‘s just so hard 😞
  • Bonitababs
    Bonitababs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    December 8, 2018 *^.^*

Me: 6
    The Binge - 2
  • paige0581
    paige0581 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dec 9
    The Binge: 3