Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• ElianHealth
    ElianHealth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge. I decided to join yes, for the accountability, but more so for the feeling of renewed interest. If I'm interacting every day, then losing weight will not be such an isolating thing as it has been for the last few months. I hope that seeing all this participation around me will be the comfort I need to keep a healthy outlook while I work on a healthier physicality.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I saw someone mentioned this group on a Maintenance thread and thought this would be ideal for me to stay on track. Especially this month with my wife's birthday coming up and all the Christmas goodies.

I've lost a total of 70 lbs and I've been in maintenance for about a year and a half. Over the past several days I've noticed I'm maintaining at the very top end of the range I want to stay within. I want to be able to enjoy Christmas treats but I also don't want to go up any higher so this will hopefully keep me motivated.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I saw someone mentioned this group on a Maintenance thread and thought this would be ideal for me to stay on track. Especially this month with my wife's birthday coming up and all the Christmas goodies.

I've lost a total of 70 lbs and I've been in maintenance for about a year and a half. Over the past several days I've noticed I'm maintaining at the very top end of the range I want to stay within. I want to be able to enjoy Christmas treats but I also don't want to go up any higher so this will hopefully keep me motivated.

So glad you are joining us, and hope you continue well past December. @RangerRickL is our group leader and there are several of us in the group, including our leader and co-leader @craigo3154 , who are in maintenance. There are so many wonderful health benefits for being motivated to live a healthy life style. No doubt you have discovered, as the rest of us have, that maintenance does not allow for complacency and, in fact, requires the same diligence as losing. Several in this group have commented that maintenance does not mean it is time for recess. Welcome...we're glad to have you with us! "Showing up" is half the battle for accountability.