office / workplace goodies

Options
927caryo
927caryo Posts: 121 Member
oh my goodness the treats I passed up at the office yesterday. It's everywhere! Cookies, candies, cakes, breads. I made sure I had a healthy satisfying lunch and just said no to all of it. I do so much better when I just avoid altogether. Does anyone struggle with this challenge?

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    I sure do.

I can avoid temptations (for the most part), but my real issue is portion control. If I start eating it, I won't stop until its gone. Like ALL gone. Nothing left in the house gone.
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    I sure do.

I can avoid temptations (for the most part), but my real issue is portion control. If I start eating it, I won't stop until its gone. Like ALL gone. Nothing left in the house gone.
    . So as long as you just say no you’re fine. We have a similar destination just a different path. 😂

My thing is once I get into one goody or treat I get this mindset that I’ve blown it and I may as well eat everything in sight and start tomorrow. Obviously that’s a totally ridiculous way to look at things bit that’s a neurosis of mine.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,924 Member
    Options
    Yup... cookies, candies, you name it... Not helpful...
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    One reason I am glad I am not in an office environment right now...
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Amen. I try to make sure I always have some snacks with me that fit the plan. I tell myself - "Skip the cookie and have a protein bar or some jerky instead.: Gets me through most days.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The place where they put all the stuff is RIGHT OUTSIDE the room where my desk is. I have to walk by it a hundred times per day. Very annoying. There's some things I can easily walk past -- donuts, most candy, toffee, cookies, etc. But there's some things that are much harder for me -- chips, really good bread, and some really nice chocolates.

I feel pretty good about myself when I can keep walking on by. If I do have some, I try to keep it to just a taste. Usually works, but I don't really have a NEED to test my will power. It works, so let's just be done with it.

I really want to buy a pack of cigarettes and leave them out on the display so people can have ANOTHER unhealthy option if they don't want to eat the snacks. Somebody actually did that one day. If I knew who it was, I'd give them a hug.