• peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Dec. 19

Pass #6

Exercise: Yes, lots of walking
    Calories: No
    Tracked: No, it's hard to track homemade things

Today I baked these amaaaazing molasses-chocolate chip bars with a toffee & chocolate topping, and I got my best friends' presents all wrapped pretty & packaged nicely. Will mail them tomorrow, I'm excited for my friends to try my baking finally! I put my soul, love & energy into this for them. <3

@w8goal4life that is SO wholesome, and beautiful!!!!! <3
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Date: December 17
    Exercised?: Yes walking
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Date: December 18
    Exercised?: Yes walking and stretching

Date: December 19
    Exercised?: Yes walking
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    December 19

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@w8goal4life , Wow! Those are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    12/19
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No, baked cookies today, ate a bunch too!
    Tracked: Yes
    It’s a Pass day :)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    3 x yes for today
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Pass 2 for me. Caught a bug. No exercise and calories over. Making the circle looking doubtful this month.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,928 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    Dec. 19

Pass #6

Exercise: Yes, lots of walking
    Calories: No
    Tracked: No, it's hard to track homemade things

Today I baked these amaaaazing molasses-chocolate chip bars with a toffee & chocolate topping, and I got my best friends' presents all wrapped pretty & packaged nicely. Will mail them tomorrow, I'm excited for my friends to try my baking finally! I put my soul, love & energy into this for them. <3

@w8goal4life that is SO wholesome, and beautiful!!!!! <3

No matter how many passes .... keep showing up and reporting! That is a TRUE Non-Scale Victory that will stand you in good stead for next month, and the rest of your life!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec 19
    Yes x 3
    UAC & My Personal goal of NO PASSES this month saved me three times yesterday - at least!
    Thank you.agsdmz1jkgsx.png

The Details:
    12/19 153.4again!! Trend wt hit 154.0 for first time!!
    However I have had two chocolate squares & 5 cookies (all carefully tracked) today. I’m under calories, but it’s not been very nutritious.

12/20 155
    Part One: So, yesterday was the one Xmas party I decided to go to, my art group, and it was Lovely! And I was doing great (moved away from buffet, only ate what I brought & knew calories of, drank lots of hot tea, and ate beforehand) UNTIL a latecomer brought a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies. I had not anticipated facing non-home cooked food. I had one. Went back, had a second. And yes, went back & had a third. Tracked all three. Really savored each bite of the 3rd, only somewhat so for the first two. When I woke up this morning, I realized why. We used to eat these all the time. Almost like I went on automatic pilot. Took a walk to get in steps. Ate two squares of chocolate someone else gave me while discovering them when cleaning my art room.
    Plan for next year: bring something for the buffet & pack my own meal with a healthier treat or two. Reason: I got too hungry & I can’t control what folks bring.

Part Two:
    Two former colleagues came to my house. I thought only one was coming, and she wanted to bring cookies. I nicely said, you don’t need to- I’ve got dark chocolate, nuts, fruit, berries. Both of them showed up with 1) homebaked cookies & 2) delicious chocolate chip cooks (maybe 2-3 dozen) and neither wanted to eat anything. So I made my latte, got my almonds & Kashi. All good. UNTIL they left. Opened the choc chip, cookies, ate two slowly. Put the lid on, and put them all out of sight. Calories still good for the day, but I hop on Ex Bike to do a HIIT, to hopefully use some of the sugar. Later, had hubby put them in his car to take to work, so I wouldn’t hear them call my name all night.
    Plan for next year: “Wow, this is so sweet of you! (Do any of you have words & a way I can return them so they can gift them to someone else?)

Part 3:
    I’m thinking ok, small healthy dinner. Calories are low. I’ve survived, UNTIL DH calls & asks if I’d like to go out to dinner with him. I couldn’t say no. So, I kept peddling on bike until he got home!
    And I thought what would a person in tune with their body’s needs do. So I ignored menu’s constraints, and asked waiter If I could please have a piece of grilled salmon with green beans? “Sure, no problem!” Wow! Blew my mind.
    Ate that, a bit too much bread, and 1/3 of a choc mousse. Stomach didn’t feel comfortable, so later on I asked hubby to go for a nighttime walk with me. Felt all better!
    Plan for next time: One piece of bread WITH the dinner. Keep ordering what my body needs- not what’s on the menu. Realize too much bread & water makes my stomach feel uncomfortable.

SO, I learned a lot! I have to control the foods I’m exposed to.

And then I looked at my macros/micros
    high fat grams
    Extremely high saturated fat grams 😳
    High carb
    Extremely high sodium 😳
    Protein - perfect
    Fiber- good but almost half what I usually have.

I used to eat this way ALL the time. OMG OMG
    SO grateful for this Health Journey. SO proud of ALL of us for fighting the good fight.

I’m dieting from here until I reach 150. Totally because I want to. This pop up in wt is sodium related. My focus is Health & that means solid nutrition. One day won’t hurt, but many days would.

150 lbs, here I come!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    No matter how many passes .... keep showing up and reporting! That is a TRUE Non-Scale Victory that will stand you in good stead for next month, and the rest of your life!
    Truth!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 51 minutes on mini-trampoline
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• BMcC9
    Options
    oops! you will also find me higher up in the thread ... the one just above this is Dec 20. Copying and pasting over to correct date now .... o:)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,288 Member
    Options
    December 19
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Thanks UAC for keeping in check.